Where Exactly Is The Indian Spices Seller Located At Kad Luang?

WinnieTheKhwai

When we found it we simply went into the warorot market building and asked someone for the Indian spice lady and we were pointed in the right direction. Please note it really doesn't look like you'd expect a spice shop to look like, but the spices are pretty good and she has a nice selection.

The shop (really a counter along a wall) is in the first floor of Warorot market, which is the second large building as you walk from the river. It's the building with the broken escalator. Many of the merchants on that first floor sell dried goods, like pork rinds, chips, nuts, seed and the ones on the second floor mostly sell clothing.

Once you find it, you won't forget -- but it's very difficult to explain the location in writing. As mentioned -- just go into that building and ask for the Indian spice lady. Sometimes a younger Indian man works the counter instead of her. Their English is excellent.

Admittedly, not everyone you ask will know or understand English, but eventually you'll find someone who does. Or just find a lady who looks like a resident expat doing her shopping -- we all know where to find this shop.

I know you are asking for the one in warrorot but I found the one on Tapae road next to the parking almost opposite Tops called Spices or something is far better. Another new one called Indian grocery at Mueng Mai market opposit the parking before the US embassy. Both places are nice and the owner's daughters on both places are very pretty young Indian girls.

Edited by ARISTIDE

Okay, here's the location, how you get there will depend on which entrance you use!

If you imagine a rectangle building with the long sides running parallel with the river, the indian chap (it's usually him, i think his mum just works there at the weekends, and she knows much less than him about their spices) has his shop along the long side nearest the river. The other long side is nearest the european road (the one where the traffic drives on the right hand side). He is about half way along that longest side on the ground floor near the perimeter of the building. There are other spice 'shops' around him. I think his sign says 'bombay' something or other.

Try that! But don't ask for google references or owt like that...

I know you are asking for the one in warrorot but I found the one on Tapae road next to the parking almost opposite Tops called Spices or something is far better. Another new one called Indian grocery at Mueng Mai market opposit the parking before the US embassy. Both places are nice and the owner's daughters on both places are very pretty young Indian girls.

Can i confirm you mean tops? I can't recall seeing a tops on ta pae road. How far along on ta pae road?

And, when you say 'before' the US embassy, which way are you travelling?

Yes Tops supermarket but wasn't exactly opposite the shop, here's the picture and the link

post-131333-0-48162100-1370476197_thumb.

http://goo.gl/maps/ElLJV

Here another one near Mueng Mai market

post-131333-0-72517000-1370476247_thumb.

http://goo.gl/maps/PXA4j

Both place have real chaat masala from India as oppose to the 'personal blend' from warrot market and their basmati rice come in sealed bags.

Can i confirm you mean tops? I can't recall seeing a tops on ta pae road. How far along on ta pae road?

And, when you say 'before' the US embassy, which way are you travelling?

• Like 1

The shop (really a counter along a wall) is in the first floor of Warorot market, which is the second large building as you walk from the river. It's the building with the broken escalator.

You're American right, so this means ground floor? :) No need to go up from street level right?

And then second building, would the be building A in the below?:

post-64232-0-81449500-1370477023_thumb.p

Yes Tops supermarket but wasn't exactly opposite the shop, here's the picture and the link

attachicon.gifTops a s.jpg

http://goo.gl/maps/ElLJV

Here another one near Mueng Mai market

attachicon.gifingroa.jpg

http://goo.gl/maps/PXA4j

Both place have real chaat masala from India as oppose to the 'personal blend' from warrot market and their basmati rice come in sealed bags.

Excellent information!!! Thank you; will try those too.

Those 2 shos may be better for Indian groceries, but for spices, the shop in the Warorot market offers a far larger selection. They have excellent saffron from Kashmir.

Last time they didn't have Black cadamom, Ajwan seeds or carom seeds, Chaat masala, black cumin. I got all those from the two new places. They have cheaper saffron and fresher green cadamom than Rimping.

Those 2 shos may be better for Indian groceries, but for spices, the shop in the Warorot market offers a far larger selection. They have excellent saffron from Kashmir.