3 Thai tourist attractions earn awards

webfact

3 Thai tourist attractions earn awards
By Coconuts Bangkok

watpho_0.jpg
Wat Pho in Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Three Thai tourist locations were included in TripAdvisor’s list of Travellers' Choice Attractions, released earlier this week.

Wat Pho, or the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, earned the eighth spot on the list, while the Grand Palace placed 10th in “landmarks” category. Thailand’s Hell Fire Pass Museum also ranked 10th in the category of Asia's top museums.

Five other Thai attractions were also nominated. These are: Wat Phra Kaeo, Wat Phra That Doi, Lumpini Park, Safari World and Black Mountain Water Park.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/06/28/3-thai-tourist-attractions-earn-awards

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-06-28

Lumpini Park an attraction?? Really?

+1 It's a nice wee park but eh? How is it an attraction? blink.png

When practically every other square inch of the city has been paved over and then covered in a thick layer of black grime the only real park in a city of 6 million becomes an attraction.

• Like 1

When practically every other square inch of the city has been paved over and then covered in a thick layer of black grime the only real park in a city of 6 million becomes an attraction.

Bangkok must be way over six million - my guess would be closer to ten. I think the parks behind Chatujak are far better than Lumpini. But i guess it is the only decent open space for the business area of Silom, so point taken.

Bangkok must be way over six million - my guess would be closer to ten. I think the parks behind Chatujak are far better than Lumpini. But i guess it is the only decent open space for the business area of Silom, so point taken.

Sorry, I left out the illegal Burmese immigrants :-)

• Like 1