TENS machine in chiang mai. Electric muscle stimulator

mallmagician

I have found somewhere online to buy one of these in thailand. But before I order I wanted to ask if anyone had seen one for sale in chiang mai.

I have hurt my back quite badly and one of these has been suggested as a way to help with pain relief. I would love one today as I am eager to get some better pain relief.

So has anyone seen TENS machines available in chiang mai? I would neef the kind with the pads, not an ab belt.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I think I remember them for sale at the chiropractor on Wat Puak Chang, the road from the moat towards Pantip Plaza. There is a hotel on the left before you reach Pantip. Inside there on the left is a small chiropractor's place. A year or so ago I'm sure I saw tens machines but I apologise in advance if I'm wrong

CHIROPRACTOR

Dr Philip Parry BSc Chiro (Hons), MSc Chiro
(Paeds), FCC

Chiropractor (UK & Thai registered)

Tel: 080-8069966

Rajavej Hospital, Hospital CM, Tuesday and Friday 1pm - 7pm

No TENS machine but a good Chiropractor in my experience.

There's loads on eBay. People try them without success and sell them.

My son is bringing me one over that he got for £14 + spare set of leads.

Have seen 'hospital grade' Mitsubishi on eBay for £24

Good luck, some say they work others say they are a waste of money.

I'm willing to have a lengthy try for £14

Rajavej physio will get you one for 10,000 baht.

Edited by uptheos

Yes many try without success or simply buy them for mild aches and pains and find theyre not motivated to use them.

There are many people with more severe ailments that swear by them.

Ive paid 3500 from a chemist in bangkok for an omron good one with loads of different setting. (I know omron manufactures loads of medical equipment and devices... but only just realised as I typed this on my phone that omron is an anagram of moron. .... hmmm)

If it turns up tomorrow as planned. .. I will post the details where I bought it in case someone in future is searching in thailand for one. I will also let people know if it works for me with severe lower back pain.

Yes many try without success or simply buy them for mild aches and pains and find theyre not motivated to use them.

Ive paid 3500 from a chemist in bangkok for an omron good one with loads of different setting. (I know omron manufactures loads of medical equipment and devices... but only just realised as I typed this on my phone that omron is an anagram of moron. .... hmmm)

If it turns up tomorrow as planned. .. I will post the details where I bought it in case someone in future is searching in thailand for one. I will also let people know if it works for me with severe lower back pain.

Funny you mention Omron, the one he bought is an Omron and this is the link he sent to me after purchasing.

http://www.sportstek.net/omron-tens.htm

Yes please do let us know your results. I do know that inflammation can often be the culprit in pain. Have you checked that out.

I understand the principal of stimulating muscles you have not used. I have arthritis in my hip and have been doing some exercises to strengthen the hip. It is a bit stronger now but still painful I will be interested in your results.

Fortunately they have been issuing them on prescription in the uk and health insurance in the usa for years. They do a good job in relieving pain.

I have seen the doctor twice. Had an xray and was sent packing with anti inflammatory drugs and painkillers. Im just going to give this a go as no real harm can be done unless I accidentally hook the electrodes to strange body parts. Hehe.

Will report back.

There are some pretty cool new stim and biofeedback machines out there.

I would definitely buy the latest tech and ship in.

If you wanted to play around with older tech Dr. Wang the Acupuncture guy at the Chinese Pharmacy (Wororot mkt) has a dated one he hooks up to the acupuncture needles in case of persistent pain problems. It has a range of settings.

You could probably work out a near free deal to use his equipment there. Might have to buy some new probes.

A really interesting device people are liking is an Iphone driven Heart Rate Variability sensor and app called

Inner Balance

http://www.heartmath.org/faqs/inner-balance/inner-balance-app-faqs.html

Its different from Stim but in same category of biohacking.

As a background Stim and biofeedback devices are attempting to make the brain aware of itself. It's a powerful concept for growth and change.

Lots of choices :-)

and BTW

There was someone in this forum who was going to build an Isolation tank in CM and interested in renting it out by the hour.

Did that guy ever build it?

Those things rock for self awareness and biofeedback. I tried one in Los Angeles and amazing tool.

It's just a sound isolated pitch dark tank with epson salts to float in.

1 hour and your transformed. It sounds like hippie bullcrap but its legit tool

I saw a well known orthopedic Doctor at Bumrungrad and asked if a Tens machine will help my back pain. Her answer was "yes" but only a proper hospital machine operated by a competent physio will help you. But the home cheap ones are little more than a toy and will be a complete waste of money!!

I saw a well known orthopedic Doctor at Bumrungrad and asked if a Tens machine will help my back pain. Her answer was "yes" but only a proper hospital machine operated by a competent physio will help you. But the home cheap ones are little more than a toy and will be a complete waste of money!!

As I said earlier, the hospital will get you the one they use for 10,000 Baht.

In the UK same model £24.

Loads of info available on correct and safe use.

I wonder why they recommend hospital machines and scare you into believing only a physio can use them?

Obviously don't use it on your dick or head. wink.png

I hope all of you will let the rest of us know if these things work - even if they only give slight or temporary relief, that's better than no effect at all. It would be helpful for others looking for them.

I hope all of you will let the rest of us know if these things work - even if they only give slight or temporary relief, that's better than no effect at all. It would be helpful for others looking for them.

I have used TENS in the past with differing results, that's why I'm going to give it another go.

It's like many other things, acupuncture etc, these things seem to work for some people and not others.....and of course there's the placebo affect. My attitude towards pain is try what you need to and if something works for YOU then that's all that really matters.

I wonder why he wanted you to pay the hospital rather than treat yourself at home. ...

Told me to go to a hospital near my home for treatment with a proper machine not a toy

Interesting uptheos seems to be the only one with experience with them. To be honest I am getting the feeling from all his posts that he dosen't think to much of them.

He is right about different experiences with different people. I know for myself that acupuncture does not help me but it does help a lot of people.

I am like uptheos the price is cheap enough so I am going to see an acupuncturist for my feet only as they suffer from Diabetes, Possibly I will be considering the machine you are getting. Don't know if it would help with the feet but will ask my doctor. Occasionally I have lower back pain also as well as hip and knee pain.

Looking forward to your experience.