Regent's School Pattaya

pj123

Assumption in Sri Racha is very good and not to expensive ,there are private buses to take pupils there ,from Pattaya ,a friend sent his boy to Regents ,vastly overpriced and to be honest not worth the cost (his remarks)

Our daughter went to Regents.

Regent's first motive is profit. Fair enough - except education seem far behind that priority. I think it is the only school I know of where the staff are lined up at the classroom door for a quick exit when the bell rings for end of day.

• Like 1

Regent's first motive is profit. Fair enough - except education seem far behind that priority. I think it is the only school I know of where the staff are lined up at the classroom door for a quick exit when the bell rings for end of day.

The statement above is totally false. The teachers (all qualified) put in many hours and are a dedicated staff. The only time they are allowed to leave the campus "when the bell rings at the end of the day" is on Fridays, I believe. Unfortunately these teachers have to work for a profit making company that is based in England which looks a profit as more important than running a top notch facility and taking care of its employees. (no, I do not work there)

• Like 1

The statement above is totally false. The teachers (all qualified) put in many hours and are a dedicated staff. The only time they are allowed to leave the campus "when the bell rings at the end of the day" is on Fridays, I believe. Unfortunately these teachers have to work for a profit making company that is based in England which looks a profit as more important than running a top notch facility and taking care of its employees. (no, I do not work there)

Cheers TN, I think that helps me decide about the School, do not want to send mine to a School like that...will look at other options!

If you are looking at boarding Garden International has a boarding facility. It is only a small group and seems to be a very home like atmosphere. My daughter has been a day student there for about 4 years and I am very happy with both the staff and school. However the school is in Ban Chang, maybe a little too far for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dear pj123,

Dr Tim Eaton here - I am Head of Admissions at The Regent's School Pattaya. This is the first time I have placed a comment on this forum, and I won't post a follow-up comment, so please e-mail me direct at the school if there are any issues you would like to discuss with me and I will happily answer them (you can reach me via the contact page of the school website, www.regents.ac.th/pattaya).

A few reponses to the points which have been raised by the other forum members:

1. All the schools they mention (and one which they didn't mention - ISE) are good schools with many fine qualities. In seeking a place for your niece, I strongly recommend that you look into all of them - either by visiting, or contacting their admissions offices. Your niece's education is far too important to rely upon comments posted anonymously on an online forum. (Not all of them are boarding schools though, which is something you will need to consider.)

2. All the full international schools on the Eastern Seaboard are run for profit, not just The Regent's School, so that tells you nothing about the calibre of the school. There's nothing wrong with a school making a profit, provided that profit is invested in improving the quality of education on offer to the students - which is precisely what we are currently doing at The Regent's, in the form of new sports equipment, new playground facilities, a new music technology suite, new pcs in the senior school, a new music facility in the primary school, and much more. You might be particularly interested to know that we currently have a contractor on site refurbishing and redecorating some of the boarding facilities.

3. In terms of the committment and dedication of the staff here, please do visit the school, meet the staff and make up your own mind. I am very happy to call them my colleagues, and I know that the vast majority of parents on roll appreicate the time, energy and enthusiasm they put into teaching and caring for the students.

To repeat, I won't post any form of follow-up comment - but I would welcome your personal approach.

With best wishes,

Tim Eaton BA, MA, PhD

Head of Admissions

The Regent's School Pattaya