Looking to buy an air compressor

westbounder

I want to buy an air compressor for filling up my motorbike and car tires.
That is the biggest job I will be using it for, but I want to make sure I buy one that is big enough..
I want to buy a very good quality compressor. I was also told to buy one that has a belt as opposed to the piston type that is very noisy.
Can anyone that has experience with this here in Thailand advise me on what kind and where to buy?

Thank You

I had a small piston type compressor back home. It was a no-name Chinese piece of <deleted> that cost next to nothing, maybe $40. As hard as I tried, I couldn't break it.

Used it for bike/car tyres, took it to the track and half the guys there would drag it all over the place to do their own bike tyres. Used it to spray paint a huge wooden fence maybe 100m long with stain every year, blew up inflatables at the lake.....this sucker just kept on going and still isn't dead after 5 years of abuse.

For what you want, just make sure it will go to 80 PSI, and I'm sure anything you can find will do at least that. You don't need a huge tank either as all you're doing is a 3 second blast into a bike tyre, or a 20 second blast into a car tyre.

Don't spend a fortune as the cheapest nastiest Chinese model will last you a lifetime if you keep the oil up to it.

I have had the piston type and it was noisy and it died.I believe the belt type to be better.I have liked for years and have never seen one of the small portables such as a finish carpenter would use.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Heaps of belt drive compressors all around the moat area. Nana Screw also has a good selection. Price varies alot dependant on size of tank and PSI needed. I have found those small cigarette lighter plug in compressors to be next to useless so Id steer clear of those.

The other piston type electrical ones are ok for small jobs and are generally cheaper to buy than belt drive ones. But also look to the future..... belt drive compressors with good PSI can be used for air driven hand tools i.e nail guns, sanders, spray guns, staple guns, pop rivet guns, air wrench etc. If youre into DIY then thats something to think about.

• 3 months later...