International calls to the UK

SidJames

I need to make a couple of business calls to a couple of numbers in the UK this week & my IT connection is often poor. I don't want these discussions held over skype in an internet cafe so what is the best cheapest option & which mobile/cell service provider is best?

SJ

You want to make calls to land lines with standard STD codes or to mobile phones?

From your mobile phone to a landline with an STD code (01642 for example) I'd use a CAT phonenet card. Cost 2 Baht per minute but you must use a minimum 200 Baht card. ( With the 100 Baht card, calls cost more.)

To a mobile they charge 6 Baht per minute.

http://www.thaitelephone.com/EN/RateTable/index.php

^^^ for prices as of 09 July 2013

Buy at any CAT shop (one on Pattaya Thai).

Yes, it uses VOIP but I've never had a problem making calls to family, friends, the bank etc.

• Like 1

pattayadingo

Thanks for that, useful, had heard of it but forgotten.

I`ll get one next time I`m near a CAT shop

smile.png

You are welcome :)

Same with me sometimes, have had information before and forgotten it and it is nice to get the info again.

If ringing a landline uk a true international sim costs only 1 baht per minute for calls and in my experience is usually a good line, 49bht to buy sim and 90bht top ups at 7/11 familymart etc , you dial 00600 then 44 for uk not cheap for uk mobiles though 7baht per minute

Edited by nitnoymoy

Relatively expensive. Try Localphone

But they do not mention calling the U.K. from Thailand?

Calls into Thailand @ 1.8 c but that is different.

Oddly, I have a Thai number registered for the service. So now I don't know if they did have a Thai Localphone number or whether I just made a mistake.