Dual Citizen Child

A good friend of mine is married to a Thai national. They have a daughter who is now 7 years old. She has a US passport and has been to the US once already. My friend is planning another visit to the US and was looking at his daughter's US passport. He says when they came back the last time immigration stamped her as a 30 day entry. He is concerned that since the 30 days is long past that he may have a problem. I told him I had no answer but knew where I could get one. Was the stamp a mistake and what should he do?

Which immigration stamp the 30 days ? Thai or US ?

Does she have two passports (US/Thai) ?

What you want to do is:

- Always enter/exit Thailand with her Thai Passport

Being 7 year old, it should be OK for her to exit Thailand with her US passport.

What will happen is that the officer will look at it, a red light will blink, and his supervisor will come to see your kid. He smiles, write something on her passport and here you go.

Don't forget to smile as well.

When she come back to Thailand, you should use the Thai passport.

You might get questioned a bit longer, but stay cool. (PM me for details).

If she don't have a Thai passport yet, you should try to get one in the US.

Thai immigration will understand why the Thai Passport is empty (provided oversea), and she will not have any issue entering with this one.

usa passport means she is a usa citizen.....

so she has too pay the overstay fine when she leaves thailand...imho

I previously thought that for children under 7, you would not get an overstay fine.

But last time I checked, it is valid for children under 14.

From post they live in Thailand and made a visit to the US and returned using the US passport at Thai Immigration. And as said she should have a Thai passport to use in Thailand. As for the 30 day stamp, there is no fine for children so it should not be more than a comment.

The stamp was not a mistake. That is all her US passport allowed.

The little girl has only a US passport. They DO live in Thailand. I'll advise him to also get her a Thai passport.

Thanks and my friend thanks you too.

The little girl has only a US passport. They DO live in Thailand. I'll advise him to also get her a Thai passport.

Thanks and my friend thanks you too.

How did she get out Thailand without a Thai passport or a US passport with no entry stamp? Sorry, but it appears you do not have the full story.

TH

According to her dad she doesn't need a Thai passport and won't even get a Thai ID card until she is 16 years old. When he went to the US Embassy they handled everything for him. Since she was born here how could she have an entry stamp?