Changing Thai Baht to UK Pounds

Hi, I have just been to SCB main branch in Chaweng to ask about buying British pounds I did not mention the amount and was not asked. Anyway i was advised that it would not be possible until the 1st of August which is no good as i am traveling to the UK in about a week.

Anyway basically i want to convert 100,000bt back to Pounds can anyone advise please.

IMO you'll get a better rate for baht in UK.

HTH

Are you serious ?

If you change up 100,000 in Thailand you get 2096

If you change up in uk 2028 , always better rates in Thailand

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

HTH

Are you serious ?

If you change up 100,000 in Thailand you get 2096

If you change up in uk 2028 , always better rates in Thailand

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

Another option is to find soneone that wants to change a few grand english to baht and do it same rate as the bank

May be have to brake it down to sets of 50 k and 20 k

Plenty of people out here with pounds

The other options is travel shops but u get a worse rate and depends if they have a few grand English in the safe maybe if you leave them your phone number

That mine

• Like 1

Scb at the airport can do ,

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

Cheers i will head over there tomorrow

I ment swampy .... Not Samui airport , but I believe scb in Nathon can change thb to pounds

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

HTH

A seriously wrong answer!

I wonder how much he's lost over the years, by thinking this?

By the same token, logically I would guess he thinks you get more baht for the pound in UK

Try John the owner of the Premier Bar in Bangrak,,, I have seen him changing money infrequently ,, he is the only place I know on the island that changes Scotish Sterling for bahts,

Can he turn water into wine too? Oooops sorry off topic, just wishful thinking.

• Like 1

It's a shame we don't know each other I'm looking for adding a few more baht to my account and have cash in England.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In order to save any significant amount of money you would both need to agree on a date and a rate and an amount in excess of GBP50k, the chances of both parties making a profit are next to zero. Simply, the spread between currency buy/sell rates here in Asia is so small that the amount of the transaction has to be large for it to be worthwhile to an individual, it will also help if both parties understand the difference between Bid/Offer/Midpoint!.

Not looking to make any money, I just don't want the hassle of changing baht in the UK, went to a few exchange booths today and they all said they only had Thai Baht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely they make money buying and selling, ah well keep i will keep trying.

Not looking to make any money, I just don't want the hassle of changing baht in the UK, went to a few exchange booths today and they all said they only had Thai Baht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely they make money buying and selling, ah well keep i will keep trying.

A few of points:

You are not allowed to take more than THB 50,000 out of Thailand in cash.

You cannot transfer THB out of Thailand using SWIFT etc.

Places like Super Rich in Bangkok will carry Pounds Sterling but that would mean you walking around the streets of Bangkok with lareg amounts of Bat and later Pounds.

You can order currency from your bank, tell them how much you need of what currency and they'll collect it from their branch network, it could take time (as in weeks).

An electronic funds transfer is your easiest and safest route, if you can do it.

If you should end up with 100K cash and you find yourself arriving at Heathrow or similar, be prepared to be sniffed, stopped and asked to account for the money and to provide reciepts etc.

• 3 weeks later...