Housing rental market around Hua Hin.

Salapoo

Hey guys, the wife has been offered a position in HH and we're thinking of accepting.

I've stayed there many times and view it to have a more costly cost of living than most of Thailand (BKK included!) due to the large Scandinavian presence, particularly retirees.

We'd be looking for a 3br detached house with garden, anywhere from Pranburi North to the split off with RTE 4. Outside HH is better, but with a young child would want to be somewhere close to the beach.

What sort of rent and how easily are these things found in the area. IME experience in Chiang Mai 5-8k pm, Isaan, 4-6k p/m.

We could move maybe 30k South of HH if it meant being very close to the beach. But would want rent in 8k p/m or less budget.

What ye experienced guys think?

Chiang Mai 5-8k pm, Isaan, 4-6k p/m.

You will not get anything like a 3 bed detached house for those prices in Hua Hin I can gaurantee you that

I don't know much about the housing rental market outside of the HH area but think you would struggle in that price range

HH is a expensive place to live, a lot dearer then CM or Issan

• Like 1

After an exhaustive search, we recently rented a small (120 sq mt) 3 bedroom 2 bath bungalow with a decent garden and Western style kitchen, but no pool, west of Hua Hin near the end of Soi 94 (so not near the beach) for 20k per month. The landlord wanted 25k but came down to 20 with a one year lease. Everything else we saw that was comparable was more. I rented a 3 bedroom bungalow about the same size with much lower build quality and a simple Thai kitchen a little closer into town nine years ago for 12k per month and considered myself lucky to get that price back then. Your price range is unrealistic for Hua Hin, especially near the beach.

However, we did not look north (Cha-Am) or south (to Pranburi) as we wanted something within 10 minutes drive of the center of town. Imo the only chance you will have to find something in your (8k) budget will be in one of those two areas, and not close to the beach.