Paypal paid to my account

I have been tying to find out how to have paypal pay into a Thai bank account. This is what I have done.

1 Opened a Thai bank account with Kasikorn

2 Opened a paypal account through the Thai version.

3 registered the accounht to the paypal account

4 had the thumbs up from paypal

The bank account is a joint one in mine and my wifes name, though I am the first name on it. It is a savings account, that has an old address that does not tie up with the paypal account's address.

This has actually been a simple process that I tried on the off chance it would work. I thought it would fail because of the addresses but it went through fine. I think the trick is to have the account signed up through Thai paypal, so if you have a paypal account through the UK or whatever it may be worth opening another. I hope this is helpful to anybody else trying to do it.

Cheersthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

OOps I forgot to mention that the account hasn't been verified yet, but they have started the process. They have said to wait 5 or 6 days for money to go into my account and I am to verify the amounts. Does anybody know if i can have money paid into the account before I verify it?

Cheers

Hi, Yes you can pay money in but as far as I know you will not be able to withdraw it to your linked bank account. Paypal will try and pay 2 small amounts into your bank account which will have a reference number that you will need to verify the bank account with paypal. As far as I know you need to link a current credit card to the paypal account. I would not get anything paid into the account until you can verify it. Hope this helps and good luck!

Ken

Hi, Yes you can pay money in but as far as I know you will not be able to withdraw it to your linked bank account. Paypal will try and pay 2 small amounts into your bank account which will have a reference number that you will need to verify the bank account with paypal. As far as I know you need to link a current credit card to the paypal account. I would not get anything paid into the account until you can verify it. Hope this helps and good luck!

Ken

Thanks Ken, There is an option to link a credit card or a bank account on the sign up page so hopefully I will not need to link a credit card, especially as I don't have a Thai one. Do you know if I can link 2 accouns to paypal i.e. oNe in Thailand and one in the UK?

nelly why not just open in uk as you have a uk bank account I buy from ebay sent to my thai address which is confirmed

no probs..

The problem is I'm not buying off ebay I am being paid through paypal. if i have a Uk paypal account linkrd to a Uk account I end up paying for transactions too much. Funnily enough I recently told mt Uk patpal to f off as they kept demanding I sent them proof odf residency to keep the account open. As they are not actually a bank I refused.Thanks for the input geezer