Transiting Doha

nisakiman

SOH will be passing through Doha later this year, and I'll be following a couple of months later. We'll be returning on the same flight, again via Doha. Latest thread on this was back in March, when changes were imminent. Does anyone have more recent info on the airport? We will thankfully only have about three hours stopover, but as with all airports, a little inside knowledge always helps! Recommendations for cafes, bars (do they have bars there?), eateries, somewhere comfortable to sit and have a quiet smoke, whatever. We'll be flying in from Athens, and then on to BKK (and reverse) with Qatar. Any opinions / info gratefully received!

Had long stops in Bahrain and Dubai in the past, but this is the first time via Doha. Oh, we'll be flying cattle class, so gold flyer lounges etc are not part of the equation! smile.png

Passed through Doha early June, and then it was still the same "bus around" routine.

Had only a very short time there (40 minutes) so didn't really check out bars or anything, but there looked to be plenty shopping and eateries around.

Only things annoying is the standing place only bus rides between the plane and the terminal building, and the silly small waiting room (almost no seating) you end up in waiting for the bus after going through the boarding check point.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

alchohol not for sale in the terminal building except in the duty free, hypocrisy?. the buses are the worst feature, hopefully when the new airport is finished you'll be able step from plane to terminal again.