Steel Braided Brake Lines

engrin

There's a place in BKK that sells this type of thing, along with rearsets, levers, barend weights etc.

Can anyone remember the name, it's something like [superbike] followed by a number.

Superbike118 or Superbike711, something like that...

Not very helpful I know but maybe someone knows what I'm talking about? smile.png

plenty of places just google

ap shop

rsv racing

kittisak

racing spec

moth racing

rs superbike

add bangkok to your search....but if you want the best cheap my post above is the way to go...

Edited by yankee99

I imported HEL lines into NZ. Cheaper and a better range than I could get at home. They have awesome colours as well as anodized fittings. Made a big difference to the feel of the front brakes and much less feel of fade when the rotor and pads got hot. Somehow the rigidity of the lines seemed to compensate for the rotor/pad loss of efficiency.

Couple that with a quick click change brake lever and fear of front end brake fade becomes a thing of the past.

Sent an email to HEL and am waiting a reply.

Kspeed

http://www.k-speed.net/product.detail_935992_th_4836392

RSV said they have front and rear for 2,000 thb

Are the Thai ones any good or am I going to regret the purchase?

I am not using them for race purposes just more comfortable braking.

Dont know but RSV has a good name I think for quality products.

That seems like a great price.

Non ABS I presume?

I have seen Goodridge at many places here at about 5000 baht a set

Edited by mania

Sent an email to HEL and am waiting a reply.

Kspeed

http://www.k-speed.net/product.detail_935992_th_4836392

RSV said they have front and rear for 2,000 thb

Are the Thai ones any good or am I going to regret the purchase?

I am not using them for race purposes just more comfortable braking.

I originally tried hel direct but ended up buying from demon tweeks. Cant remember for sure but i couldnt get the vat removed from the checkout price.

I bought rearsets from rsv and they are good but no instructions so the install was a little screwed up. The lines are from rsv and probably locally made. I msg rsv on fb and he responds fairly well.

Non ABS.

Goodbridge? Haven't heard of that one yet.

"Goodridge"

A few places sell them here in CM like Pekkys & Kawasaki too I believe

but they are imported so not cheap about 5k

braided_brake_lines.jpg

5000 is pricey for a single front disc. The goodridge were cheaper the the hel lines. Both have a lifetime warranty.

Non ABS.

Goodbridge? Haven't heard of that one yet.

"Goodridge"

A few places sell them here in CM like Pekkys & Kawasaki too I believe

but they are imported so not cheap about 5k

braided_brake_lines.jpg

5000 is pricey for a single front disc. The goodridge were cheaper the the hel lines. Both have a lifetime warranty.

Sorry I wasn't clear it was for front & rear complete set

We often got Bikers ask our Hydraulic Guys at or Earthmover Depots,if they could make them up a set. No Probs, they did. They had already upgraded their own Bikes..thumbsup.gif

Yeah when you see them being made it is a downright simple task...if you have the components

• Like 1

We often got Bikers ask our Hydraulic Guys at or Earthmover Depots,if they could make them up a set. No Probs, they did. They had already upgraded their own Bikes..thumbsup.gif

Yeah when you see them being made it is a downright simple task...if you have the components

Very True,but we had a Van Come round ,Snap on Tools type thing.From Air Con to Car Ramps. Worth a try anyway. Cant see our blokes paying the prices posted here. Anyway you Yong Bikers annoy me, i'm too Old Now, just a 70 Y.O. Boring Fart from the Motoring Section.sad.png

Very True,but we had a Van Come round ,Snap on Tools type thing.From Air Con to Car Ramps. Worth a try anyway. Cant see our blokes paying the prices posted here. Anyway you Yong Bikers annoy me, i'm too Old Now, just a 70 Y.O. Boring Fart from the Motoring Section.sad.png

I dont know about bkk but these can be imported cheaply. HEL (one of the best) line are sold by demon tweeksin the uk. You get a 20% vat discount and royal post is £10. these almost never get hit with thai tax...

I bought Hel from the UK for my ER6n ABS. Happy with them. Everything as said above. Package contents were listed as "hydraulic lines." No tax. I bought them from: http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/

Rear lines are pretty much just for show, right?

Because the rear brake line is short I would say

Less effect "felt" sure. Due to less length/quantity of line expansion robbing feel & stopping efficiency

But it also depends I think on what type of brake user

a person is as to whether they notice front or back line changes at all really.

Also most folks make line changes along with much better pads so general braking improvement is usually

noticeable & that is what most notice.