German expat rescued from 9-hour sea drift: Koh Tao

Behave you two, we'll end up with a spate of TV members throwing themselves off the ferry hoping to be rescued and meet her. rolleyes.gif

And for the non-swimmers out there, just throw yourself under a bus instead. thumbsup.gif

...or behind a train or out of a cellar window! ;-)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drifted for 7 hours once, at night,northern Queensland, crocs,sharks, stingers,made the shore and crawled one km through the scrub,to a caravan park, i was beyond exhausted and my skin didn't look so healthy,and no pretty nurse waiting..lol, 23C water temp, yet i was shaking from the cold, muscles all pulled tight, water in the lungs, went under several times but regained consciousness, the longest battle of my life so far, only thoughts of my children pulled me through and gave me strength to hold on, i begged to God for something drifting to cling onto, didn't happen, that experience changed my entire life, glad he made it.

What a story!

Bravo to fight and win for your survival.

Obviously expectations on this forum are not very highbiggrin.png. Sure, she looks OK, but I am certainly not drooling over my keyboard ans she is not anywhere near someone that would make myself jump off a boat....

Pity!!

They could not locate him once the boat reached the island, they said, so they realised that he must have fallen overboard and immediately alerted the rescue teams.

Very sorry to disturb the main story line, which seems to be the looks of the nurse. laugh.png

I travelled dozens of times with all ferry companies arount there, and sure as hell nobody ever checks the passengers when they leave the ferry!

Don't know how to explain it but this part of the story stinks! bah.gif

Yes, when passengers leave the ferry they are not being counted, thus how would they know that the fellow had gone overboard and was in the sea for 9 hrs.

Moreover, he was not swimming in the sea for 9 hrs, he was floating in sea for the entire time in order to stay alive, lucky for him to be pulled out alive, and the showed serving nurse is an additional bonus for him.

Obviously expectations on this forum are not very highbiggrin.png. Sure, she looks OK, but I am certainly not drooling over my keyboard ans she is not anywhere near someone that would make myself jump off a boat....

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,Your eyes must very bad He Hey.I would not jump of a boot for sure ,,,,can't swim,,,,but may ask her ph no.

• Like 1

I just WANNA Be RESCUED and if I'm not breathing at the time, I'll just hold my breath while she revives me. Then of course, my wife will KILL me!

All jokes aside, what a GREAT IMAGE for the THAI Rescue people!

• Like 1

fortunately, he has been a very talented swimmer.

An understatement. Pretty remarkable achievement. Emergency services is looking pretty good. wink.png

According to other media sources the emergency services were useless.

The German guy's phone luckily still worked and he called a friend for help.

The friend called the emergency services and was past around various people who kept saying "not our area" .

Six hours later they finally responded.

So I would not call that good at all.

POSTER MATERIAL

I know that various people, myself included take a few pot-shots at some things in our Host Country from time to time, but we must give credit to the Emergency Services involved in this story.

Might I also suggest that the Thai Emergency Services approach the copyright owner for permission to use the above photograph as a POSTER and in other Promotional Material for their services?

Story in German media is a bit different. There it is said he was aboard a speedboat, lost consciousness while smoking and fell overboard. He then used his phone to call for help. Rescue found him 9 hours later hanging on a rock.

Water proof mobile ?? whistling.gif

• Like 1

Nine minutes and I'd have been a dead duck. Well done to him. Roong pa yaa baan looks very photogenic smile.png

However, makes you wonder how one can fall from a ferry.

Low guard rails designed for people much shorter than some towering German?

This low rail thing never seems to get mentioned when Farangs in Pattaya keep "falling" off their balconies. There are always "local experts" who hoe in with "methiks me smells a rat", presumably assuming the guy was pushed by some money-grubbing whore for the contents of the fellow's wallet. But I personally believe that the vast majority of them are guys with bad balance - most often because they are pished - forgetting that the rail is lower than their centre of gravity.

And the same thing happened to this guy.

Wouldn't be crawling over the top of her to get to you Globerman. She's an extremely attractive young girl while you by the sound of it are a self righteous (YOU PIC!!!)

Bit of harmless banter goes along way to making for a happy forum..........may I suggest you go post on rentamoan.com ?

• Like 1

Nine minutes and I'd have been a dead duck. Well done to him. Roong pa yaa baan looks very photogenic smile.png

Apparently, he was told what good shape the emergency rescue service was in and decided to jump.

Anyone with or without a pair of knickers on and the SEXpats are drooling--my god, suppose thats the only reason they are here, give them a free PUSSY BAG to calm downcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Smoke gets in you eyes or one for the road (sea) to many, feel asleep, sleep walking, pushed

or wanted to show how good of a swimmer he was and he did, either way,

I take my hat off to him...

Posted Yesterday, 23:28

limbos, on 07 Aug 2013 - 18:36, said:snapback.png

Dutch media confirm the speedboat story, lucky for him his phone was still working when he was in the water, he could contact his Thai business partner and a search was started, however the story states he was found by a fisherman.

About 11 or 12 years ago, we found a Thai fisherman after a storm between Samui and Phangan, when out on a dive trip with a big boat, he was in the water for even longer before we found him, clinging on to a buoy. His boat had gone down during a storm, he was the only survivor. Story made it on to Thai TV channels.

That makes more sense wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

Posted Yesterday, 06:42

xstar_big.png.pagespeed.ic.zb7cgAQhuy.pn
POPULAR

fortunately, he has been a very talented swimmer.

An understatement. Pretty remarkable achievement. Emergency services is looking pretty good. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png-

Thanks for the update. You have probably saved lives of those in the THC (Thai Haters Club) as they rushed to jump off the ferry to prove emergency servies would fail to rescue them