BKK. hotel room SOFT enough yo use as audio studio

hermespan

i must do some simple and brief audio work with basic equipment and do not have a stufio. Finding a room wifh thick carpet, long drapes NO tiles, few mirrors etc is my challenge. It can be ANYWHERE in Bangkok convenient to a BTS. or MRT as long as long as it is under THB2000 and has no exterior noise such ad traffic leaking in.

i know from experience creating a room for making voiceover that it requires lots of pillows. mattresses etc. It doesn't even have to be a hotel room, just a supersoft location that is ultra quiet.

Hip Hotel - Not only is Hip Hotel a cool boutique-style hotel that offers inexpensive accommodation, it's also a fun place to go sing karaoke and one of the best karaoke lounges in the city. There's the Ballad Lounge, where you can enjoy a cocktail while listening to one of their resident musicians. Or, why not hire one of the 21 private rooms seating up to 20 people.

The karaoke equipment is top-notch, the music library has a wide selection of Thai and western music and the food is a delightful mix of traditional Thai and international dishes. Hip Hotel is within walking distance of Huay Kwang underground train station, so easy to get to. Located on Ratchadapisek Road, call 02 276-5777 to make reservations.

http://www.hip-bangkok.com/main.php

Difficult for under 2000B, a lot of places in that range tend to have tiled floors and newer ones often laminate floors, not much better for recording. I use a folding soundbox with acoustic foam and a blanket over my head if need be to get around the problem. Air con is also a problem. Last time I was in the Ambassador hotel on Sukhumvit that had some musty carpeted rooms with thick drapes so might be worth a look and you can get it for under 2K on the net.