Fantasia Closed in Town

N47HAN

Been past it many times, never in it:

"Fantasia

In essence, Fantasia on Montree Road in Phuket Town is an upmarket girly bar that attracts a wealthier clientele than many of its counterparts in Patong.

The majority of Fantasia goers are Thai males or gentlemen from other Asian countries..."

http://www.phuketnightlife.com/flirt/fantasia.html

Been past it many times, never in it:

"Fantasia

In essence, Fantasia on Montree Road in Phuket Town is an upmarket girly bar that attracts a wealthier clientele than many of its counterparts in Patong.

The majority of Fantasia goers are Thai males or gentlemen from other Asian countries..."

http://www.phuketnightlife.com/flirt/fantasia.html

Ive checked it out. Not my go really. Like the hostess scenes in bangkok. Lots of lovely women there though

I sopped into Fantasia once and had my most expensive Heineken beer ever, 225 Baht. I don't think it will be open again any time soon, once they start putting up plastic sheeting around the outside it usually means closed. I used to go there when it was the only movie theater on the island, Pearl Cinema. They had a special room up on the balcony to the left of the projection booth, the ""Soundtrack Room", where you could hear the original sound from the movie before it was dubbed into Thai. Unfortunately it never synchronized with the action on the screen, always off a few seconds.

• Like 1

I sopped into Fantasia once and had my most expensive Heineken beer ever, 225 Baht.

well it's catres to high end asian customers not falangs that is looking for happy hour 59bath beer down in Rawai...

and 225bath is not that bad really for a beer but next time buy yourself a blue label and mixer and have fun or don't go to these places,,

Something a miss I wonder ?

Fantasia and Pink lady closing at the same time seems more than a coincidence.

But still plenty of the same still open , guess time will tell.

Enjoyed both of them occasionly for something away from the farang oreinated places.

Yes both considerably more price wise than places aimed at the europeans but overall a totally different experience / night out.

• 3 weeks later...

I was walking aimlessly past there today and saw some workman sprucing up the place.

One of them told me that it would be re-opening "within a month" as a gallery selling local art.

It seems like a waste to me given what a prime location it is.

post-40708-0-31340200-1378273570_thumb.j