Koh Samui police admit to mishandling woman's 'suicide'

Koh Samui police admit to mishandling woman's 'suicide'
By Coconuts Bangkok

screen_shot_2013-08-21_at_10.25.36_am.pn

KOH SAMUI: -- Provincial Police Region 8 commissioner Pol Lt Gen Yongyuth Charoenwanich admitted that his investigators who had handled the case of a woman who allegedly committed suicide last year were negligent and had failed the parents of the deceased.

Officers from Bo Phud police station, on Surat Thani's Koh Samui, found that Natnaree Melgul had hanged herself last November.

Yongyuth said the investigators who worked on the case had been reassigned to other districts and that the woman's former boyfriend and the rescue workers who were called to the scene of the death will undergo the polygraph tests.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/08/21/koh-samui-police-admit-mishandling-womans-suicide

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-08-21

"The doctor said he concluded that the woman had suffocated, but noted he had not conducted a thorough autopsy because her relatives had not made such a request."

It says in the report.
So if I strangle someone and string them up from a coconut tree, the police will cart the corpse off to hospital without examining it on site, and that's that - suicide - unless the deceased family protests?
Sounds good to me.
R
  • Like 2

"The doctor said he concluded that the woman had suffocated, but noted he had not conducted a thorough autopsy because her relatives had not made such a request."

It says in the report.
So if I strangle someone and string them up from a coconut tree, the police will cart the corpse off to hospital without examining it on site, and that's that - suicide - unless the deceased family protests?
Sounds good to me.
R

I think that's how it should be done cut them down and take to the morgue. Better than leaving them HANGING around to become fly blown.

It says in the report.
Sounds good to me.
R

It is quite easy to tell the difference between someone who has hung themselves and someone who has been strangled by another.

i guess people have seen to much CSI or too little

as hanging yourself is at a different angle of the throat

if she was strangled first

blablabla

Actually I have met the CSI team from Surat Thani City,

and while Horatio and crew, they seemed informed, inteligent,

and reasonably fluent in English. They are also fans of the show,

but know the difference between TV and real CSI work.

The problem is that they don't always get called when they should,

and they don't have the clout to get their facts heard if someone influencial objects.

Edited by animatic

blablabla

CSI and Cop shows are for entertainment only and I actually have a good chuckle when I watch some of them, nothing like the real thing.

blablabla

CSI and Cop shows are for entertainment only and I actually have a good chuckle when I watch some of them, nothing like the real thing.

Agree, Starsky and Hutch was much more realistic.

Mid-week , still some energy and imagination for jokes.

blablabla

what's a starsky and hutch???

blablabla

what's a starsky and hutch???

Its cockney rhyming slangthumbsup.gif