Bought land and.........

akampa

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and another Thai lady suddenly goes up in the world courtesy of the falang...house next and her dreams come true.

(the cynic in me)

...and that 's how it works here....it's just a matter of time...and they are very patient folks...

• Like 2

....and another Thai lady suddenly goes up in the world courtesy of the falang...house next and her dreams come true.

(the cynic in me)

...and that 's how it works here....it's just a matter of time...and they are very patient folks...

Indeed.

Wow, the negativity is truly amazing.

Such bitterness.

The guy has bought a plot of land in his wifes name , so what ???

Why not wish him good luck with his building project ??

It's not always doom and gloom.

At Thaivisa you only hear the bad, never the good.

That's not true. There are some good threads but they just aren't as much fun :D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 2

Thanks for all the positive replies the others well enuf said .

I went into this with eyes wide open and a positive attitude ,

when I start the house project i am going to try and show the major stages through photos on TVisa.

• Like 2

I built a house 10 years ago on my wife's mother's land. Heard all the horror stories about the wife getting the house and its not yours etc. but I have heard more stories about that in my home country. The difference is they usually paid big lawyer fees to lose their house. Ten years later I'm still here and expect to die here. Good luck on you new house.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not your purchase, but her purchase.

Your passport copy and the form you signed, confirmed her purchase and your money was not used.

(In other words, on divorce no sharing, all hers)

But strangely if bought when married it is still shared on divorce 50/50. If bought before then not.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Not your purchase, but her purchase.

Your passport copy and the form you signed, confirmed her purchase and your money was not used.

(In other words, on divorce no sharing, all hers)

I wish you all the best, I am going through the same process.

Do check out how legal or otherwise for a Thai National to purchase land using money given by a falang.

Only my 2 baht worth but check it out for both of you to be leagaly covered. wai.gif

Wow, the negativity is truly amazing.

Such bitterness.

The guy has bought a plot of land in his wifes name , so what ???

Why not wish him good luck with his building project ??

It's not always doom and gloom.

From my experience in building a house here luck has nothing to do with it. If you do not know how to build a house you had better get someone who has and watch EVERYTHING they do.I hired a European builder.

If you are going to use a western style septic system you will need drain traps. Someone needs to know where to put them. The fresh water system (pump, tanks, filter, etc) that got installed (not by the builder) was a real treat to get functional.

If you are going to use high capacity water heaters someone needs to know that you cannot use a 12,000 watt water heater on a 20 amp circuit breaker.

If you are going to use floor drains, someone needs to have a clue of what size drain will be required to drain the amount of water that will flow. And if you decide you want a shower cabinet in a bathroom with a floor drain, someone needs to tell them to install another floor drain before the concrete is poured.

So basically, I now have a house, a very nice house, that has bathrooms that smell like sewer, drains that cannot possible drain and the master bath shower that can only be used if you like very cold showers and a jacuzzi that would cause shriveling. And (this is really the kicker) an Asian bathroom with no floor drain or bum gun.

It is not going to be cheap to fix all of this and the builder will not accept any responsibility.

If you just want a normal Thai house, just let them go at it..

Most of the comments here are to be considered,the positive wishes and those not so positive advices,but if OP wants to feel at least as a "house owner",than better get some protection...lease,usefruct{?) and of course document all the purchases and keep receipts from building the house...just in case smile.png

...and all the stories about building your "own" house are probably a true stories,so you don't need luck...just be there ALL the time to keep an eye,so they screw up less wink.png