Samui Street Festivals/Shopping

NOTE: Did a search and found nothing. If there is a thread already, please link me there and close this thread.

From my short stay here so far, I've found one in Lamai.

Seems to be every Sunday.

Went to one just yesterday in Fisherman's Village.

That was Friday.

I think another one is further NW from FV towards Mae Nam.

If anybody had info about this. Could you please provide a link, dates and locations?

Thank you.

Would be interested at some time in the future, setting up a table to sell the wife's homemade art.

Who would I get in contact with about that for table reservations and fees?

Lastly, are these events related to the local mafia?

Because in Japan, we have them and they are related to the Boryokudan (Japanese Mafia), that's why I ask.

Thanks!

Looks like this pic:

The stalls tend to repeat themselves. I kind of noticed that here as well, but they are fun to go, food is good and where can you get a Mojito for 60bt.!

post-182848-0-87293900-1377935591_thumb.

Edited by Kommiekat

Thursday in Maenam - by the traffic lights.

Wednesday in Bangrak - on the government pier (opposite Tesco Express)

Saturday in Chaweng near Cafe Uno

Also on Wednesday (?) small one in Choengmon. (It's only a small village!)

Also on Saturday opposite the fresh food market in Bangrak at the start of the airport road.

Enjoy wink.png

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

Also on Saturday opposite the fresh food market in Bangrak at the start of the airport road.

Enjoy wink.png

I think most of these vendors make the "circuit", different location each evening the markets are held ... I am pretty sure there is one Nathon, as well, but not sure which day.

I think the best thing for your wife to do (OP) is ask one of the merchants as to who sorts/rents the space... many vendors seem to have fixed location each week. (Maenam for sure!)

Enjoy wink.png

I thought the Chaweng "Walking Street" was Friday. Have they changed it? Or am I wrong?

copied this from tripadvisor

Fridays

[in Bophut at fisherman’s village from 5 pm till 11pm [about],first and largest on Samui and usually very busy if weather permits , huge amount of street food and clothing as well as souvenirs and gifts ,the road is closed to traffic so find parking outside the village and walk on in, allow a few hours to stroll the many side avenues,Most restaurants are open and enjoying the crowds ]

Saturdays

[ in the capitol ,Nathon walking street is along a minor street between the main[one way] road and the beach road , 5pm onwards also closed to traffic with prices usually a bit cheaper than other markets and still a great place to eat and shop, some different food is sometimes available here ]

note that everyday on the waterfront there is a local food market

Sundays

[Lamai main beach road from bridge to market area ,5 pm onwards not as large as Bophut but probably? second,Road is closed to traffic along part of the main beach road ]

Mondays[?]

Chaweng main beach road is one big market every day

Tuesdays[?]

Chaweng main beach road is one big market everyday

Wednesdays

[Choeng mon outside Muang Samui hotel, miniature floating market theme ,5 pm onwards along both sides of the main road. traffic is not closed, so be careful crossing the road ,quite a good variety of food and goods for a small village Market and worth a visit if you are in the area ]

another on bangrak pier as well

Thursdays

[Maenam main intersection down to the beach ,5pm onwards ,traffic is closed on the 2 side streets leading down to Maenam beach, more relaxed and laid back than Bophut but has a more local feel about it ,great selection of food and many times theres a show outside the Chinese temple ]

Monday and Wednesday: Choeng Mon opp. Muang Samui

Wednesday: Bangrak on the pier

Thursday: Menam (absolutely the best)

Friday: Bophut

Saturday: Nathon (the worst), Bangrak opp.the pier at the new dept. store

Sunday: Lamai

every day except Friday and Sunday: Chaweng street behind BoA

Edited by Birdman
  • Like 1

Does anyone know where the travelling Thai Market is at the moment? The one that travels around for about a week at a time in each spot, often at the temples?

I know last week it was on the land opposite the Family Mart on the corner, half way between the traffic lights of the main road and the Tourism College, but Ive been told its moved on again.

Does anyone know where the travelling Thai Market is at the moment? The one that travels around for about a week at a time in each spot, often at the temples?

I know last week it was on the land opposite the Family Mart on the corner, half way between the traffic lights of the main road and the Tourism College, but Ive been told its moved on again.

I saw one today - setting up on the ring road between Big C and Bophut. On the same side as the fresh market near TOT. I don't know if it is the one that you are looking for.

• Like 1

I saw one today - setting up on the ring road between Big C and Bophut. On the same side as the fresh market near TOT. I don't know if it is the one that you are looking for.

Thats the one, thanks Trop. Its just next to the permanent market, opposite Soi Sunday. Never seen it there before.

I popped up there earlier on today, about 5pm, but it wasnt open yet. Not sure if they are still setting up and its not open until tomorrow, or I was just too early today.

• Like 1