Ayutthaya

songhklasid

G'day, was thinking of spending 3nites, 2 full days in ayutthaya, bike riding around temples,I think there are sunset dinner cruises, anyway sounds o k , anybody previously visited, all comments welcomed, was thinking of riverside hotel, any hotel suggestions?

regards songhklasid.biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Try River View Place Hotel, tel.: (035) 241 444, email: [email protected]

It's fairly new, rooms are clean but not luxurious, and the hotel has a decent restaurant and the surrounding area is rather quiet.

Best of all is the location right at the confluence of the Pasak and Lopburi rivers (a spot which used to be ancient Ayutthaya's trade port). Just opposite is the amazing Wat Phanangchoeng (pre-dating Ayutthaya) with its giant, awe-inspiring Buddha image, and just down the road are the remains of one of Ayutthaya's main forts.

• Like 1

I have been to Ayutthaya many times, but the most enjoyable visits were on a converted rice barge cruise from Bangkok to Ayutthaya and back. It's a two night (on the boat), three day cruise, meals and all entry fees included, but not the booze.

I used this one: http://bangkok-cruises.anantara.com/

Not cheap, but world class and very very relaxing, enjoyable and a great way to see the sights as you cruise the river.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

THanks for your help guys, I'll book @ the riverview place hotel, & try the above restaurant .

regards songhklasidbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Re- 2 full days in ayutthaya, bike riding around temples........

If you have not been yet think now maybe change this to boat rowing.. many are under water again.

• 1 month later...

Just to update,we are in the river view place hotel, o k mainly cater for conventions though, get the feeling you're in the way at times, plus not much around it, have to tuk tuk to restaurants, but good sightseeing (temples) floating markets, good river views from the hotel balcony. Dry but hot!

Rods songhklasid

• 2 months later...