Pregnant motorbike driver killed in Jomtien road crash

Rimmer

Pregnant motorbike driver killed in Jomtien road crash

PATTAYA:--Early on Thursday Morning a heavily pregnant woman was killed after her bike collided with a truck transporting workers to a factory in Laem Chabang. Two of the workers sitting on the rear of the truck sustained minor injuries following the collision.

Police were called to the Sukhumvit Road where it intersects with Soi Chayapreuk in Jomtien just after 6.30am to deal with the crash which resulted in the death of the bike driver, thought to be aged in her twenties. She was carrying no ID and appeared to be at-least 5 months pregnant.

Police detained the driver of the truck, Khun Nattapon aged 22, who works for the PPI Company based in Laem Chabang. He was driving towards the factory and was carrying 10 workers on the back of the truck. As he approached the junction he noticed the traffic lights were about to change so sped up and claimed he went through the junction on an orange traffic light. Crossing over the main carriageway was the bike, a Red Honda PCX and its driver, who appeared not to see the fast approaching truck.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/101655/pregnant-motorbike-driver-killed-jomtien-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-06

RIP

Another accident that happens early in the morning.

If only the thai drivers could slow down and pay more attention in the traffic this accident could easily been avoided.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not much doubt that the lorry driver ran a red light, but the fact remains that anyone riding a motorbike in this town needs to remember that they are the softest thing on the road. It won't matter that the light was green after you get hit by a truck.

RIP

Another accident that happens early in the morning.

If only the thai drivers could slow down and pay more attention in the traffic this accident could easily been avoided.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Which driver? A tragic accident for sure but we all know the Thai rules of the road...don't enter an intersection until all the red-light runners are through. Also, I have to wonder if she was texting, talking on a phone, or in some other way distracted...I mean not seeing a large truck barreling through an intersection on Sukhumvit...I mean, it's not unexpected for sure.

if i am at the front of the queue waiting to turn, when the red light runners are going through, i just stand on the horn until they finish

it draws attention to whats happening, lets everyone know whos in the wrong and wakes up the sleeping policeman in his box

ticks all the boxes for me

At every controlled intersection in Thailand there are Red Light Accelerators and Green Light Anticipators. The result is mayhem - but if it becomes standard procedure, is it really mayhem? This may have been what happened in this particular instance.

Regardless, RIP the unfortunate woman and her unborn child.

if i am at the front of the queue waiting to turn, when the red light runners are going through, i just stand on the horn until they finish

it draws attention to whats happening, lets everyone know whos in the wrong and wakes up the sleeping policeman in his box

I know a bloke that fitted car horns to his bike for that very purpose. Scares the bejeesus out of everybody.

If I'm in the front of the queue, I just wait for the "fresh of the boat" Farang that think their rented scooter is a toy and race off as soon as the lights change to green. They act as a pathfinder and make the way safer for me by either encouraging the red light runners to stop, or on one occasion, get T-boned by a red light accelerator. Muppets coffee1.gif

Terrible news, her family will now be getting a visit from the BiB we all hope we never get.

A simple mistake by the rider has cost her live and that of her baby

You never ever, enter a intersection unless save to do so.......peroid.

Traffic lights can't protect you from stupid people here or anywhere else, your safety while on the roads in the LOS is down to your defensive driving / riding skills and lots of good luck.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know a bloke that fitted car horns to his bike for that very purpose. Scares the bejeesus out of everybody.

If I'm in the front of the queue, I just wait for the "fresh of the boat" Farang that think their rented scooter is a toy and race off as soon as the lights change to green. They act as a pathfinder and make the way safer for me by either encouraging the red light runners to stop, or on one occasion, get T-boned by a red light accelerator. Muppets coffee1.gif

I think you're both daft (okay I'll say it, stupid) ferangs. I'm sure the Thais are mildly bemused by your behavior...and startling other drivers at congested intersections is surely nor a good thing. But I guess it makes you feel good.

Why not just follow the local custom and pass through yellow/red lights for 4-5 cars like everyone else and be done with it?

Of course, I'm referring to car drivers...anyone on a moto in Thailand is by definition insane.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

I think you're both daft (okay I'll say it, stupid) ferangs. I'm sure the Thais are mildly bemused by your behavior...and startling other drivers at congested intersections is surely nor a good thing. But I guess it makes you feel good.

Why not just follow the local custom and pass through yellow/red lights for 4-5 cars like everyone else and be done with it?

Of course, I'm referring to car drivers...anyone on a moto in Thailand is by definition insane.

it does make me feel good to sound my horn at people who are breaking the law

when i see an amber light, i start to slow down in preparation to stop at the impending red

if you want to be same as a Thai driver and speed up to pass through illegally then you are part of the problem and one of those who gets the benefit of my loud horns

a problem that's particularly annoying when the amber/red light runners block the intersection entirely so that even when its on green you cannot get through anyway

this happens all the time at SSCC /sukhumvit road, sukhukmvit road/pattaya klang and third road/pattaya thai

if only the selfish and stupid people who run the lights with no care about anyone else realized that if they stopped when they should stop the whole system would run better for everyone

as to local customs, i prefer to dance to the beat of my own drum and not be like other sheeple...

• Like 1

when i see an amber light, i start to slow down in preparation to stop at the impending red

if you want to be same as a Thai driver and speed up to pass through illegally then you are part of the problem and one of those who gets the benefit of my loud horns

a problem that's particularly annoying when the amber/red light runners block the intersection entirely so that even when its on green you cannot get through anyway

this happens all the time at SSCC /sukhumvit road, sukhukmvit road/pattaya klang and third road/pattaya thai

if only the selfish and stupid people who run the lights with no care about anyone else realized that if they stopped when they should stop the whole system would run better for everyone

as to local customs, i prefer to dance to the beat of my own drum and not be like other sheeple...

When in Rome...if I was back home or if the Thai custom was to slow on amber (which they don't even have) and stop on red I would. However, that is not the local custom and if you refuse yo conform then you are the road menace! If I slammed on the brakes at every intersection to avoid a red light and I was one of the first 4-5 cars then I can assure you I would be rear ended every time as local drivers behind would be expecting me to go through.

Conversely, everyone but draft ferangs knows to wait on green until all the red-runners have passed.

For those that keep blowing their horn at inconsiderate drivers best to have bullet proof windows because one day you will need them.:-)

no matter

if you want to live life scared of doing the right thing then be my guest

personally i would rather go out with a bang than a whisper

Terrible news, her family will now be getting a visit from the BiB we all hope we never get.

A simple mistake by the rider has cost her live and that of her baby

You never ever, enter a intersection unless save to do so.......peroid.

Traffic lights can't protect you from stupid people here or anywhere else, your safety while on the roads in the LOS is down to your defensive driving / riding skills and lots of good luck.

Stupid people?? In my opinion riding a motorbike while pregnant is stupid. If you tempt fate then som nam na

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When in Rome...if I was back home or if the Thai custom was to slow on amber (which they don't even have) and stop on red I would. However, that is not the local custom and if you refuse yo conform then you are the road menace! If I slammed on the brakes at every intersection to avoid a red light and I was one of the first 4-5 cars then I can assure you I would be rear ended every time as local drivers behind would be expecting me to go through.

Conversely, everyone but draft ferangs knows to wait on green until all the red-runners have passed.

i follow the local law not local customs

only idiots and ''draft ferangs'' would want to be and drive like thais

i observe the law, look ahead for an amber coming, slow for it, do not jump red lights and have never been rear ended

i wait on green until the red runners have passed, as i have no choice but i let them know i am waiting by their law breaking by blaring my horn in protest

• Like 1

i observe the law, look ahead for an amber coming, slow for it, do not jump red lights and have never been rear ended

i wait on green until the red runners have passed, as i have no choice but i let them know i am waiting by their law breaking by blaring my horn in protest

I await the news story of the horn blowing fereng who got a bullet in the head...but the headline will be "he went out with a blast."

Discretion is the better part of valor in my book...it doesn't bother me to be a mouse...u don't have anything to prove to anyone so no need to beat my chest or toot my horn.

I await the news story of the horn blowing fereng who got a bullet in the head...but the headline will be "he went out with a blast."

Discretion is the better part of valor in my book...it doesn't bother me to be a mouse...u don't have anything to prove to anyone so no need to beat my chest or toot my horn.

if that happens you can count on me looking down and smiling at that headline

meantime squeak up mousey...

For those that keep blowing their horn at inconsiderate drivers best to have bullet proof windows because one day you will need them.:-)

no matter

No need to "go out" at all, just use you horn for what it is intended, not just to show your displeasure.I think you are misguided by what you consider is doing the right thing, the way you describe blowing your horn you must renew it often. As we say back home to excessive users of their horn "OK what else did you get for Christmas. :-)

no matter

No need to "go out" at all, just use you horn for what it is intended, not just to show your displeasure.I think you are misguided by what you consider is doing the right thing, the way you describe blowing your horn you must renew it often. As we say back home to excessive users of their horn "OK what else did you get for Christmas. :-)

everyone is going to 'go out' at some time

whether you do so as a tiger or a sheep is up to the persons principles and beliefs

as to the horn , i got the loudest set of Bosch Horns from Boy air and sound a couple of years ago

no problems yet, you can trust German technology

as we say back home, Vorsprung Durch Technik!

despite assurances by ill informed 'draft ferangs' saying ''amber, which they don't even have'' here's a couple of amber lights i spotted while shopping in Pattaya today

post-81023-0-77356400-1378544665_thumb.j

post-81023-0-91333700-1378544786_thumb.j

no matter

everyone is going to 'go out' at some time

whether you do so as a tiger or a sheep is up to the persons principles and beliefs

as to the horn , i got the loudest set of Bosch Horns from Boy air and sound a couple of years ago

no problems yet, you can trust German technology

as we say back home, Vorsprung Durch Technik!

Ha! Ha! Should have guessed. You are an A.K. Enough said. :-)