Family friendly restaurants around Sukumwit

davejonesbkk

My father and step mother are in town for a week and Im looking for a few nice Thai and family friendly restaurants I can take them to, we went to Cabbages and Condoms last night which was perfect and I need some other places now, it seems there's nothing but trendy bars and fusion food places though, does anyone have any tips?

My criteria:

Family friendly - when I say that I dont mean we have kids with us but needs to be away from the eyesores and filth, you know what I mean

Thai food mainly - a mix of western and other foods is fine also but no Pizza or Mexcan places etc, I personally would love to eat that but they wont

I went to one which was thai style with some kind of bamboo roof and had a stage with traditional Thai dancing, I think it was on or around sukumwit soi 30? The food wasnt great but I liked the place and would be perfect, cant find anything via Google tho, anyone know the place I mean?

Lemongrass, 5/1 Sukhumvit Soi 24 (opposite the Emporium), Bangkok, Thailand

Nice traditional Thai teak house atmosphere

Good classic Thai food with a modern twist

Slightly above average expense - probably 750-1000 baht a head, including modest quantities of beer!

At the other extreme, go to a Thai Korean BBQ all-u-can-eat. Real Thais eat at these sort of places. I use the one close to Sukhumvit soi 50 on Thanon Sukhumvit - about 100 metres north west of the junction of those two roads towards town along Sukhumvit (300 metres towards town from BTS On Nut, simply because it is good value (250 baht plus beer a head) and close to my condo. Someone must have a better BBQ recommendation than that though.

I think you are describing a Laos restaurant (did you sit almost on the floor or with wells to sit in?) that got knocked down in the wave of condo building in the Thonglor/Ekkamai area several years ago. If so, I agree that was a fun restaurant - decent Issaan food with genuine regional entertainment

Crepes and Co has a wide variety of international tyoe food in addition to savory and sweet crepes. I always get the Moroccan specialties there. There are two locations Sukhumvit and Thong Lor. Can get crowded for breakfast or lunch on weekends. They have beautiful patio areas.

Try Sukhumvit Soi 11, some lovely restaurants. I can personally recommend Chilli Culture at the bottom of Soi 11 on the left. Nice decor, efficient staff, wonderful Thai food at a reasonable price. I go 2 or 3 times a week when in Bangkok.

For something different with excellent traditional Thai food, the decor and layout is like nothing you've ever seen before. The restaurant even has a museum! The prices are high but I guarantee you'll be impressed. The restaurant is called The Local located about 800m on the right set slightly back from the road on Sukhumvit Soi 23.