Taking pup to Thailand what airlines to look for and to avoid

WilliamCave

Hi

I am flying back to Thailand around the end of November and am looking for flights now

I want to take a pup back with me.

I am flying from Edmonton Alberta to bkk.

Does any one have experience flying from Canada to bkk.

From what I understand some air lines will not take animals .

Any one with experience or knowledge can u share any info with me please .

I had my dog fly with KLM. In general, it is the best airline to handle pets with a specialized service...

Furthermore, as there is a stopover in Amsterdam, this will allow the puppy to be less stressed.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are dozens of threads on this already. You'll probably get a lot more information from the search function than you'll ever get with a fresh thread.

That said, a fresh thread may reveal that nugget- someone who flew from your hometown last week and had good luck (or a disaster to avoid).

Good luck. I miss my doggies that I only get to visit once or twice a year back with the GF back in "the old country".

There are dozens of threads on this already. You'll probably get a lot more information from the search function than you'll ever get with a fresh thread.

That said, a fresh thread may reveal that nugget- someone who flew from your hometown last week and had good luck (or a disaster to avoid).

Good luck. I miss my doggies that I only get to visit once or twice a year back with the GF back in "the old country".

Thanks

Yes looking for a fresh thread on this. I have looked at many threads and some are old and mass amount of information.

I am also looking for a fresh up date as to vaccines require. And info.

From what I read about certain vaccines are needed but not sure a 10 to 12 week pup can have some of theses vaccines and looking for info on the vets letter thanks in advance

What are you looking to do? Carry the puppy in cabin, or down in the cargo hold? Some airlines allow in cabin if it is small enough. I believe THAI did until last month, but has now stopped the in-cabin offering. Haven't read the details on that however.

I am going to be putting the pup on checked baggage

What are you looking to do? Carry the puppy in cabin, or down in the cargo hold? Some airlines allow in cabin if it is small enough. I believe THAI did until last month, but has now stopped the in-cabin offering. Haven't read the details on that however.

I am going to be putting the pup on checked baggage

I wish you would reconsider. You will be taking a pup preconditioned to a cold climat to a completely different hot and humid environment.

Added to that will be the very traumatic experience of the voyage.

Plenty of pups here that are looking for a good home

Yermanee .wai.gif

i just brought a dog over from Canada to Thailand

i believe the dog must be at least 6 months old before you can bring it in to Thailand

You can contact the Canada Food Inspection Agency they will have information on this

you can also look at the Thai Consulate in Vancouver website they have info about this as well.

i can give you more specific info regarding our process if you think you still meet the requirements.

I believe it also depends if it is a permenent move or just for tourism.

We moved here permenently so the rules may of been different.

PM me if you like

S.B.

There is a great thread on this already. Yes, it is long, but lots of good and up to date info. I used United, carryon is highly recommended.

Sent from my traveling tab.

Can ndirect me t ta thread please

I'm on one of these tablets and out of the country. Its in the plants, pets and vets sub forum. Long but worth the time. Its a pinned thread.

Just brought my cat into BKK from Canada on United and highly recommend them as well. No problems at taking her as carry-on, and transit through security checkpoints during layovers and entry through Suvarnabhumi was easy. As you'll be taking your pup as checked, again I recommend United as they own the airframes for all legs of their flights into Thailand and control the process. Your only concern would be when you transit through Narita/Incheon/HK as they all apparently require checked baggage pets be handled by shipping agencies. This may add to your costs and should be researched before you book. Another poster already mentioned a site for the required vaccination forms.

United Airline agents should also be available just after passport control to help with translating and directions.

Good luck!