Best pizza in Rawai/Naiharn area

niceandfriendly

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on how much I drank I suppose! I do understand all the fuss about nikitas . But i do like the burgers and the view, also some of the staff are quiet good. In the long run though there are so many places to eat on Phuket

Exactly, with so many places to eat why would you go for a burger at the place which has probably the worst burgers on the island?

Think I can finally end this argument. Went to piccolo cave last night (next to Rimlay). We has a Pizza and a Pasta dish and they were in an entirely different league to everywhere listed above.

Would be interested to know if this was a one off or in fact if this is the unsung hero of the Rawai / Nai Haarn pizza scene!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile appjxnhl

Edited by jaffacakes1
  • Like 1

Nikita's burger was very good a few years ago. But last two times I ordered it, the burger tasted like a fake soya burger. Now I just take a club sandwich. It just does the trick (not the hardest dish to prepare). The thai food is ok too. Maybe not for thai food experts or just thai people but every time I have brought friends visiting thailand they loved it. The nice view under the shade of the tamarind trees does help, hard to beat that in the area.

Think I can finally end this argument. Went to piccolo cave last night (next to Rimlay). We has a Pizza and a Pasta dish and they were in an entirely different league to everywhere listed above.

Would be interested to know if this was a one off or in fact if this is the unsung hero of the Rawai / Nai Haarn pizza scene!

That place is just a few months old, used to be a bunch of dead bars there. How was the pricing compared to the usual suspects in the area, and how was the service and portion size?

That place is just a few months old, used to be a bunch of dead bars there. How was the pricing compared to the usual suspects in the area, and how was the service and portion size?

Realising my review was inadequate as identified above I returned. Service is excellent. Still highly recommended.

post-166803-13934939486652_thumb.jpgpost-166803-13934939613933_thumb.jpgpost-166803-13934939735755_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If any readers are still interested in this thread I can again attest to the high quality pizzas being served at Ellis Trattoria. Conversely I also visited M&M last week and despite some improvement, the base centres are still a soggy mess. Pity as restaurant and staff are top notch.

Totally agree re M&M. I thought the soggy centre may be because I had the pizza with an egg in the middle but it seems not. No other pizza restaurants I have tried have this problem. Service very good.

• Like 2

Never understood the draw of M&Ms. Whether when they were on the beach road in Rawai or as now in Nai Harn, I always thought the pizzas looked a kid had made it at school.

Amalfi very good. Never been to Modena but it always looked busy whenever I drove past.

Agli Amici in Chalong is also very good. It's co-owned by a Venetian called Michele who had a place on Nanai in Patong. Always thought he was the master pizzaiolo on the island. I highly recommend him; they are good guys, too.

After discovering DaVinci a couple of years ago, that became my favorite. I went there once a week after being taken there for a pizza with a chef from the old Six Senses in Rawai. I stopped going after one instance where I woke up very ill after eating there one evening. Without being too graphic, it was a true body shock of simultaneous vomitting and diahreaa. I wrote an email to the proprieter explaing what had happened. I was sure it was the cheese they had used, as this is sometimes the source of troubled stomachs. I never received a response and, accordingly, I never went back.

PS: Nikita's is great for a drink and enjoying the views, but the food has always been disappointing. Don't understand why expats would go there; tourists, okay.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried Agli Amici yesterday - bases are very good but Frozen crab sticks on a seafood Pizza? Really? On a tropical island with a seafood bounty?

Place was busy at 6pm suggesting popularity, service great, base was pretty good if slightly doughy. Pizzas hover around 250/300. Worth a try.

I have Agli Amici at #3

• 4 months later...

Well I have now had Modenas and Portofinos pies. Without question Portifinos blew Modenas away. Aside from the fact it just so much nicer at Portofinos, food vs food only, Porto wins easily.