Uk Visa For Thai Girlfriend

Hi there,

My Friend (UKCitizen ) will marry a Thai in june . They know each other by then 4or5 month and they have met" in Person" once for about 2 weeks . After they marry he wants to take her to the UK ...so i am trying to help him with advise, i told him that i think he might be best off to make a Vistors Visa for her first (am i correct that the mnaximum for that is 6 month?) and than come back to Thailand to apply for the Settlement Visa / Spouse.

Is this info right ? Or is there a better advise ?

Thank you for your feedback,

rcm :o

i guess it depends why your mate wants to get her to the UK

you say "After they marry he wants to take her to the UK ..."

does he want her to settle with him in the UK or just come test the water????

that should answer your question - either holiday or settlement -

as for compilling a visa application and evidence - ukvisas.gov.uk will give you all the particulars otherwise scouse or gu22 will best advise

i guess it depends why your mate wants to get her to the UK

you say "After they marry he wants to take her to the UK ..."

does he want her to settle with him in the UK or just come test the water????

that should answer your question - either holiday or settlement -

as for compilling a visa application and evidence - ukvisas.gov.uk will give you all the particulars otherwise scouse or gu22 will best advise

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

He wantsd to settle with her but i think there need to be some requirements that he may not fulfill . Like that he knew her only about 4-5 month ....thats why i was suggesting the option as visitor .

rcm :o

i would take a trip over to ukvisas.gov.uk

this site should answer most questions - if he reads through this he will know if or not he / they can make the application

i was always under the impression that it was preferable if you could prove the relationship was more than 6 months but that could just be an old wives tale

id love to give you a definative answer but youll either have to wait for the gurus or search the forum

sorry

As they are married, then a visit visa will be difficult. Her husband is, presumably, living and working in the UK, so it will be difficult to convince the ECO that she intends to return to Thailand after the visit. Difficult, but not impossible. They will need to explain why she is only applying for a visit visa at this time, and what their plans are for after the visit. They should make it clear that they understand that she cannot switch her vv into settlement in the UK, and that she will return to Thailand to apply for settlement when the visa has expired. Also, they should show what plans they have should she decide that she doesn't like it here. Will he move to Thailand?

They know each other by then 4or5 month and they have met" in Person" once for about 2 weeks .
Whether they apply for a visit visa or a spouse visa this will be the stumbling block. They will need to show that the relationship is genuine; difficult to do when they have effectively only known each other for 2 weeks! It is possible, my wife got her spouse visa after we had only known each other for 8 months, but for 5 of those 8 months I was with her in Thailand.

Your friend will need to write a sponsors letter explaining when and how they met and evidence of contact since then, e-mails, phone records etc. In cases like this, where the relationship is so short, she will almost certainly be interviewed. One question she is bound to be asked is "What will you do if you don't get the visa?" She needs to have a good answer; such as "Wait a bit and then try again." or "My husband will try and move to Thailand."

I suggest that your friend reads the links provided by Vinny thoroughly and then comes here to ask questions on any points he is not sure about.