Some visa-questions!?

Hello everybody.

I have some questions about my visa opportunities.

I try to explain my situation:

I have a passport that has 5 blank pages left, and my double entry visa expires October 5th.

Can i make a new double entry visa in Laos, or is the 5 blank pages not enough?
If i make it with 5 pages left, and later it shows it not
enough, can i transfer my visa to my new passport?

I am married to thaigirl, and have children with my wife, what would i need to get a good visa from that?
Does the marriage visa
require i have 400 000 baht in the bank or something else?
Or is that just for the extension?

And the last question, where do i have to go to apply for a marriage visa?
Laos?
Or is Cambodia possibole?

Best regards.
/ Chris.

Best choice for you if you do not have the 400k or 40k required for immigration extension of stay would be Savannakhet in Laos as last reports are they only require marriage certificate/copy and copy of wife ID card and home register to issue multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year of 90 day stays (almost 15 months stay) for 5,000 baht fee.

The 5 pages would be enough as long as they are visa pages (not endorsements or other such wording). You would though need 18 months passport validity remaining.

A visa cannot be transfered but remains valid in old passport. You would have to use both passports to use your visa.

Some locations require 400k baht to issue a multiple entry non immigrant O visa based upon marriage.

At the moment Savannakhet Laos is the best choice because they do them with no financial proof. Penang is another option but it can vary from application to application.

Cambodia is a no. KL Malaysia wants 400k in the bank.

The 5 pages would be enough as long as they are visa pages (not endorsements or other such wording). You would though need 18 months passport validity remaining.

A visa cannot be transfered but remains valid in old passport. You would have to use both passports to use your visa.

Some locations require 400k baht to issue a multiple entry non immigrant O visa based upon marriage.

At the moment Savannakhet Laos is the best choice because they do them with no financial proof. Penang is another option but it can vary from application to application.

Cambodia is a no. KL Malaysia wants 400k in the bank.

Ok, that sounds good.

Do u know if i can fly to anywhere near Savannakhet?

And if so, what company flies?

Not feeling like driving the almost 700 km long drive :P

Best regards.

Chris.

As for pages in Passport, best option is go to Mae Sot to activate next 60/90 days, as is only a little stamp in and out = can go 3 times = 1 page... Book early on Nok Air fills up fast, but return trip is 2,000 baht flight, or over 3,000 baht, if booking late non promotion fare... 50 baht each way to border bridge by Tuk Tuk, 500 baht or 10 US $ stamp in out fee........ Go to Ranong is also same to make a change.

As for pages in Passport, best option is go to Mae Sot to activate next 60/90 days, as is only a little stamp in and out = can go 3 times = 1 page...  Book early on Nok Air fills up fast, but return trip is 2,000 baht flight, or over 3,000 baht, if booking late non promotion fare...  50 baht each way to border bridge by Tuk Tuk, 500 baht or 10 US $ stamp in out fee........ Go to Ranong is also same to make a change.

He wants a visa not a border run for a new entry.

As for pages in Passport, best option is go to Mae Sot to activate next 60/90 days, as is only a little stamp in and out = can go 3 times = 1 page... Book early on Nok Air fills up fast, but return trip is 2,000 baht flight, or over 3,000 baht, if booking late non promotion fare... 50 baht each way to border bridge by Tuk Tuk, 500 baht or 10 US $ stamp in out fee........ Go to Ranong is also same to make a change.

He wants a visa not a border run for a new entry.

Yes, I am taking about after the Visa, many places say you need 5 full pages, many do the Visa run to Cambodia = 1 full page just for the sticker to spend 30 mins, another 1/2 page for the in and out..

So Laos = 1 page + 2 stamps each in out for Laos and Thailand, another 1 Page for Thai Visa... He say's sounds good for a 1 year '0' visa in Savannakhet, so if going to Cambodia 4 x with in and out stamps 5 pages is not enough, go to somewhere like Mae Sot then 5 pages is plenty....

The OP's question was is 5 pages enough ? so the answer is both Yes and No, depends where you get the next entry from..

Sorry I did not make it clear.... I did start by saying 'As for Pages in Passport' maybe should have said after getting new Visa

Edited by ignis

Nakhon Phanom is nearest. Air Asia or Nok for flights. Nok air offers fly/bus flights listed as Mukdahan. Nok info: http://www.nokair.com/contents/promotion/mukdahan/en-US/index.html

Thanks for the help :)

I will fly to Nakhon Phanon in the end of september and fix everything :)

Just one more question a friend om mine has, he will be getting married in the end of November, and when i got married i didnt have a salary slip or pension proof, but that was no problem, is it still that way or will he get problem when he go for register the marriage and not be able to proof his income?

Will his German bankbook do good ? He can proof that money come in every month.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Best regards.

/ Chris.

Proof of income is not needed to get married.

Ok.

I just read this at thaivisa, but that not importent?

1. If you wish to marry in Thailand you should therefore contact the Embassy and bring the following original documents:

• Passport
  • Health insurance card or other official documentation of your present address.
  • Salary statement (the latest) or similar documentation of your income, for instance your pension statement or your yearly salary statement from the tax authorities in your home country.
  • If you have previously been married, your divorce certificate. The certificate should be translated into Thai. Since the certificate must be legalised by the Embassy, we prefer that the translation is made by the Embassy or by a translation office recommended by the Embassy.
  • Certificate from your home municipality concerning notification of marriage
  • Names and addresses (references) of two persons you know in your home country, who are not your family.
  • Names and age of your children, if any.

What is required by Embassy will vary by the Embassy but basically you fill out a form listing such information that you sign at Embassy and they witness and then have that translated into Thai and registered with MFA and the registered originals you provide to District Office to register the marriage.

My Non Imm O doesn't expire until Feb 2014 and if I do a border run prior will take it to May, but my UK passport expires 14 Apr 2014.

I'm getting increasingly concerned that Savannahket will have 'conformed' by the time my new visa is due and I can't guarantee having the requisite 400k in my bank by then.

I know 'it's up to me' but just wondering if it's worth applying to UK for my new PP now (receiving it around Nov) and going to Laos then. It means wasting about 6 months of my visa though...

After re-reading what I just wrote I think I'll wait and see. Hopefully Savannahket will still be accomodating (or I get my funds through). Anyway, just talking aloud to my computer facepalm.gif

You would loose nothing by doing your passport now. The UK adds up to 9 months of the time remaining on old passport. Your visa would still be valid until it expires you can use it by showing both passports and showing your visa in old passport.

I think if things were going to change in Savannahkhet it would of already happened.

Like you it is up to you.

• Like 1

But you really need a new passport and will receive credit for unused up to nine months on a UK passport so I would be getting passport now even if you decide to wait on visa.

Wilco but the form from UKPA I downlodaed seems not applicable to me as I live in Thailand, not UK.

Maybe I got the wrong PDF but if anyone has the correct form fo apply for a renewal of UK PP from outside UK I'd be grateful.