Help! Who can certify my docs? (Pattaya area)

Farang0tang

Urgently need a professional somebody (Pattaya area) to certify scanned copies made from originals, of my education & qualification documents before sending away to prospective employer abroad. Ideally a UK (or Australian/NZ) Solicitor/Lawyer/government type.

Any ideas?

Cheers

You probably want a Notary Public. There are quite a few all over Pats and Jomtien as I've seen signs for them, but can't recall a specific address. I do recall that there are some on 3rd Road between Tai and Klang. Just take a ride and watch out for the signs "Notary" or "Notary Public"

I'd guess you would also need a signed statement from the Notary stating that he has sighted the originals and can verify and attest that the copies he is stamping are verified copies of the originals.

You'll need your passport to verify your identity.

There is a shop on soi 12 naklua that has a sign stating Notary Public.( amongst other things )

About 5 minutes from the Dolphin roundabout( if driving/riding) soi 12 will be on your left hand side

They are about 5 shops up on the right hand side as you enter the soi, very near a motorbike rental shop.

I`ve never used them and don`t know them, just happened to notice the sign.smile.png

About 3 months ago.

Just remembered - I think there's one on the corner of Tai and Sai 3, and I know for a fact there's one on the corner of Soi zero at Jomtien 2nd Road.

But equally as sure there's half a dozen along Pattaya Sai 3

• Like 1

Use your embassy if docs for use in foreign country. Most foreign doc recipients won't accept, let understand, some stamp or "notary" from some Thai "lawyer."

That is not accurate.

We have used the German Thai Law Group on Pattaya-Naklua Road for several documents, and they were accepted at

an Australian probate court, banks in Australia and the US, and a US government agency in Washington.

Cost is less than notarizarion at embassies.

• Like 1

There is a shop on soi 12 naklua that has a sign stating Notary Public.( amongst other things )

About 5 minutes from the Dolphin roundabout( if driving/riding) soi 12 will be on your left hand side

They are about 5 shops up on the right hand side as you enter the soi, very near a motorbike rental shop.

I`ve never used them and don`t know them, just happened to notice the sign.smile.png

About 3 months ago.

Thanks seasia will put that on my list of locations to check.

In the past I've used one of the travel agents in Soi Post Office (Beach Road end) to verify copies made from originals.

They have an authorised stamp that they use and which is accepted by the Australian Embassy.

Thanks Mighty Mouse,

I didnt think of Post Office. That sounds easy and straight forward.

Use your embassy if docs for use in foreign country. Most foreign doc recipients won't accept, let understand, some stamp or "notary" from some Thai "lawyer."

Thanks OMGIminPattaya

Think just an official stamp with notary company name/address and signed in English would do.

Embassy visit would mean a trip to BKK. I dont have the time.

That is not accurate.

We have used the German Thai Law Group on Pattaya-Naklua Road for several documents, and they were accepted at

an Australian probate court, banks in Australia and the US, and a US government agency in Washington.

Cost is less than notarizarion at embassies.

Thanks WaywardWind

Will also put that one on my list.