Traveling from BKK to Phuket and looking for initial place to stay

cavin

I'm going down to phuket to look for work I am a licensed English teacher. I expect to stay for six months to a year and to rent an apartment. I need a good central location to job hunt from and can find long term after I'm employed. Cheap is good but clean is imperative I can save money later.

Would like to keep it around 600 baht.

On a side note, I'm expecting to take the bus down. Anything I need to know other than first class govt bus?

Oh yeah, know of any jobs?

I ask a lot but as Miss DuBois said, “I’ve always depended on the kindness of strangers,” Hopefully it will work out better for me than it did for Blanche.

Bangkok is definitely THE place if you want English teaching work, and salaries are higher. Teaching work is very thin on the ground in Phuket, plus the apartment you rent in Phuket is likely to be double the price of Bangkok for a similar size and quality of room. Food will also generally cost you double in Phuket, which is far and away the most expensive place in Thailand. Who told you Phuket would be a good place to find teaching work in Thailand? Also, you really need to fly down with Air Asia. For a few hundred baht more, you're guaranteed to arrive alive plus you'll arrive almost 1 day earlier to start your search.

Edited by FalangBaa

flying is the best,

it will cost u 400-1,000 more than the bus(but uneed add on taxis to the ariport in Bangkok and transport from phuket airport to....

Teaching?? better get a job before u travel down.

Accomodations, from 3,000 baht/month (Fan room), to 250,000./month

food is no where double, maybe 25% more at the most and some places in Phuket town same price as bangkok..

Get a cheap room in Phuket town to start ur job search from

Best of luck

Thanks for the positive info. Just returned from getting my bus ticket for tomorrow night. I'm in no hurry to get there, gives me a free nights lodging and hopefully won't be too bad. Might be the only time, but I expect it will be better than the 12 middle leg of my flight over here. Probably wont bus this far again, but i will just get spoiled if i start jetsetting. Life is attitude.

Coming down job or not. Just have to see what i can make happen

Edited by cavin