CTH Pattaya Satellite TV Installation

joebrown

This is not a recommendation that anyone should act on my findings. On 16th October I went into the CTH office (below Index Mall) on Sukhumvit Road to enquire about CTH Satellite TV. I have UBC- Untrue Vision with no EPL and I wanted to watch Newcastle v Liverpool on 20th October, without having to travel to a bar in Ban Chang. At first there was the usual language barrier to overcome, but I was soon handed a telephone to speak to the bi-lingual Manageress, who was most helpful. To my utter disbelief she said the Satellite system could be installed on the Saturday, and all I had to do was hand over 2,000bht deposit, copies of my passport and a current invoice/receipt showing my address.This I did, as I had been starved of EPL for about 2 months and had previously read of CTH's poor customer service on several forums. I made sure I received a proper receipt for my money, just in case!

To my amazement, CTH arrived on the Saturday morning, and carried out the installation. I had to part with another 'unannounced' fee of 1,000bht,, but I do live more than 25km from the CTH shop in Pattaya. Everything is working OK and my only worry now is what will my first bill look like? All in all, a good result so far, except for Liverpool being unable to beat a depleted Newcastle team! CTH have been 'slated' many times before. I have no reason to do the same!

Good to hear it's not all bad news and at least some have a positive CTH experience!

I asked the below on another CTH related post recently but didn't receive any answers :'(

Do they offer any Set Top boxes incorporating a PVR, personal video recorder with, for example a 500gb drive and 2 tv tuners?

I'll be honest and say I haven't a clue what you are asking. My CTH needs are obviously a lot more mundane than yours. I wish you luck in finding an answer to your question.

Thank you Joe for answering at least even if you are not sure what I am on about.

I still haven't had any answers, so will try asking again by way of example.

In Australia when you subscribe to the FOXTEL sat or cable service (similar to True, CTH etc here in Thailand) they can also provide you with a more fancy "set top box" called a Fox IQ unit. They may offer it standard now but when I subscribed a few years ago the IQ box was an option.

In any case,the IQ box replaces a standard set top box. It is High Definition and has a 500gb hard disk drive which is used to record shows or series off the Foxtel service for watching at ones leisure. It also has two inbuilt tuners so you can record up to 2 shows concurrently.

My question is whether or not CTH offers this type of unit or whether you need to purchase one separately and if so, can anybody make a recommendation and suggest where could I purchase around Pattaya or Bangkok?

Cheers