Looking for samples/example of bank letter-document of monthly funds deposit <THX!>

Could a few of you post or at least comment on letters from your bank verifying monthly funds transfer for marriage and/or retirement visa?

Original and original copy on bank letter head.

What veriage should I ask my banker to provide insofar as an "income statement"?

At present I have asked my banker to provide me with a paragraph much like:

To whom it may concern:

This letter acknowledges active monthly funds deposit in the amount 1350.00USD arriving to Mr. Fifth Column's account XXXXXXXXX56897 on the 8th of every month. Below you will find the last ten transfers as a sample:

I am very worried and find it quite disconcerning the recent post of the gentleman who had provided all sorts of proper information, but was turned out due to flat out, lack of 400k in the bank.

Is this where we are headed? Must I know rechannel my assets after rechanneling them for cash flow? Even Bangkok is starting to sound like a circus.

Thank you for your input and samples.

For evidence of income to get the embassy letter and, if requested, to submit to the immigration office for an extension of stay in Thailand it is not a letter from your bank you need but a letter from the entity that pays you this income.

as far as Phuket they also require a letter from ur home bank PLUS the letter from the embassy ( I am american)

Bank book also

You only need the letter if ur doing the combo method not the full 800,000 in the bank

To whom it may concern: Date

Our client, has been a customer for over XXX years. He currently has one investment account with our Bank for XXXX, and one checking account with xxxx in it, (as of this date). At today’s rates that is approximately xxxxx Thai baht.

Mr xxxx receives xxxx benefits of xxxxx deposited directly into his checking account per month. That, along with his investments, he draws an average of approximately xxxxx per month through his xxxx card.

If you need any additional information regarding Mr xxxx finances please call me.

Thank you.

• Like 2

As you are American and therefore are able to make an income affidavit without proof of funds all immigration require is proof / of the income stated in your affidavit.

For those of us who have to provide proof of income prior to the Embassy providing a letter the same issue does not arise.

Edited by thaiexpat21

as far as Phuket they also require a letter from ur home bank PLUS the letter from the embassy ( I am american)

Bank book also

You only need the letter if ur doing the combo method not the full 800,000 in the bank

To whom it may concern: Date

Our client, has been a customer for over XXX years. He currently has one investment account with our Bank for XXXX, and one checking account with xxxx in it, (as of this date). At today’s rates that is approximately xxxxx Thai baht.

Mr xxxx receives xxxx benefits of xxxxx deposited directly into his checking account per month. That, along with his investments, he draws an average of approximately xxxxx per month through his xxxx card.

If you need any additional information regarding Mr xxxx finances please call me.

Thank you.

You have to do that because are doing ATM withdrawals from your US bank.

If you were transferring your money to a Thai bank you could just show your bank book.

Edited by ubonjoe

Look all i am telling you is what is required for PHUKET, if u all dont live in or get ur extensions here, how would u know otherwise.

AS far as i know, if ur american an use the direct deposit to the Bangkok Bank in NEW YORK, ( it is not direct deposited in into the Thailand branch) you cannot use ATMs to withdraw these funds. Instead, you have to go to a branch with your passport in hand to make a withdrawal. It's a special account set up for this purpose, you cannot get an ATM card for this particular account.

Important

If you use a direct deposit service to receive funds from a US Government Agency, you must appear in person at a Bangkok Bank branch to withdraw the funds.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/bangkokbank/personalbanking/dailybanking/transferingfunds/transferringintothailand/receivingfundsfromusa/pages/receivingfundsfromusa.aspx

under step by step the second +

This is one way how the american goverment verfies ur still alive

I was origanlly told by a German guy about the bank letter as he was truend down with out a letter. I had mine made up and had no problem getting my extension.

Look all i am telling you is what is required for PHUKET, if u all dont live in or get ur extensions here, how would u know otherwise.

AS far as i know, if ur american an use the direct deposit to the Bangkok Bank in NEW YORK, ( it is not direct deposited in into the Thailand branch) you cannot use ATMs to withdraw these funds. Instead, you have to go to a branch with your passport in hand to make a withdrawal. It's a special account set up for this purpose, you cannot get an ATM card for this particular account.

Important

If you use a direct deposit service to receive funds from a US Government Agency, you must appear in person at a Bangkok Bank branch to withdraw the funds.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/bangkokbank/personalbanking/dailybanking/transferingfunds/transferringintothailand/receivingfundsfromusa/pages/receivingfundsfromusa.aspx

under step by step the second +

This is one way how the american goverment verfies ur still alive

I was origanlly told by a German guy about the bank letter as he was truend down with out a letter. I had mine made up and had no problem getting my extension.

It might help if you were to read the information in the link in its entirety !

"In compliance with US regulations, Bangkok Bank cannot authorize the withdrawal of funds from your direct deposit account by an appointed representative, or via ATM or any other electronic channel. You must appear in person at a Bangkok Bank branch to withdraw the funds. You can, however, open a normal savings or current account and transfer the funds from your direct deposit account to this account. You may then withdraw your funds as usual via ATM or any other electronic channel."
Just so you know I live in Phuket , use an Embassy letter to confirm income and have never experienced the difficulties you describe. Last extension of stay secured easily and without any fuss just last week smile.png
Edited by thaiexpat21

I did read it and i didn't see the need to post the rest of the paragraph .

Glad u got urs. I was told iin June that the letter was required by a friend so in July when i did mine, i provided it, No big deal. They didn't even look at it.

Regardless, the OP asked for a letter and i gave him what i used.

all good now??

And will also add that it is not just Americans who use the notary of your statement of income and it does not appear those from countries that do so are asked for supporting documents any more than those from countries that embassy may require some form of paperwork being reviewed by there embassy prior to letter issue.

In either case you can be held legally responsible for any false statement/paperwork by your home country.

" I was told iin June that the letter was required by a friend " (sic)

Herein lies a problem !

Always best to rely on authoritative sources of information !

i went then to immigration and asked the immigration offical (that knows me) and also the Farangs assisitng there,

both told me same thing.

I dont ever rely on second hand info

case closed, we all know immigration runs hot and cold.

" I was told iin June that the letter was required by a friend " (sic)

Herein lies a problem !

Always best to rely on authoritative sources of information !

i went then to immigration and asked the immigration offical (that knows me) and also the Farangs assisitng there,

both told me same thing.

I dont ever rely on second hand info

case closed, we all know immigration runs hot and cold.

Clearly you, as an individual, have a problem with immigration in Phuket.

I have over many years now found the immigration officers to be helpful and courteous. Maybe if you were to show a little respect you would fair better.

MY GOD, Let it go> YOU assume so much its ridiculous

I have no problem with Phuket immiration, been in an out of there for over 25 years. Never takes me more than 15 minutes to do my extentension an i personally know two of the immigration people outside of immigration

DROP IT

In either case you can be held legally responsible for any false statement/paperwork by your home country.

Hence the disclaimer in the footer of the letter one gets from the British Embassy that basically says they have no way of knowing if anything they are attesting to is factual, honest or even close to the truth.

I think the US Embassy merely wags the 'under penalty of perjury' finger.

As you are American and therefore are able to make an income affidavit without proof of funds all immigration require is proof / of the income stated in your affidavit.

For those of us who have to provide proof of income prior to the Embassy providing a letter the same issue does not arise.

Not true, Americans only need the income letter from the embassy. No other proof is asked. At least not in Bangkok.

Hence the disclaimer in the footer of the letter one gets from the British Embassy that basically says they have no way of knowing if anything they are attesting to is factual, honest or even close to the truth.

If you lie on the American Income Letter you are swearing to an false document which can get you 5 years in a Federal Pen pulse a $50,000 fine.

"As you are American and therefore are able to make an income affidavit without proof of funds all immigration require is proof / of the income stated in your affidavit."

Not strictly true. An Immigrations officer can ask, and in some cases they have asked, for supporting documentation to show how the amount shown in the embassy affidavit was determined ... not something that's happened to me, but there have been reports of it here. And I expect this will be an increasingly common practice, although that's just speculation on my part. One can assume people at Immigrations HQ do read through this forum on TV and are aware that some people may just pull numbers out of the air for the affidavit.

I always bring the embassy letter and support documents for pension and social security payments received (as well as bank manager's letter and passbook copies). The documents providing further proof of income as declared on the embassy affidavit have sometimes been kept as part of my application for another annual extension and sometimes have been returned to me. Given the amount of time it could take to get these documents sent out if they did ask to see them, I find it safer to get them well before going to Immigrations just in case they're needed. And in most cases I have not actually needed both the bank manager's letter and the embassy affidavit, but I always bring both, as well as proof I own my condo in my name. I've been asked before if I own or rent, but have never been asked to prove it. I believe in over-kill.

Edited by Suradit69

If you lie on the American Income Letter you are swearing to an false document which can get you 5 years in a Federal Pen pulse a $50,000 fine.

Yes, but until they have a Federal agent standing beside you jiggling a pair of handcuffs and asking, "You sure you gonna sign that?" it is still just a finger wagging exercise.

Regarding letters from your bank. Did immigration insist that they were written in Thai? I ask because my bank furnished letters in English and Immigration refused them. I am not American and live in Songkhla.

Was this a letter from your bank in Thailand confirming your bank balance in connection with an application for extension of stay?

It would not be wise to post any sample that includes a letter head. Fraud is just too rampant. The banks and the income sources all know what the letter should include.

+1. It would be easy for someone to alter it and print it out.