Motorists turn to web to monitor every move of Bangkok's finest

webfact

Motorists turn to web to monitor every move of Bangkok's finest
By Coconuts Bangkok

d1.jpg?itok=K4mbYNeT

BANGKOK: -- Their obsession is a strange one, to be stalked in the streets then posted in loving detail on Facebook.

“A large group of boy scouts are taking over Poo Chao Saming Prai Road, at soi Wat Mahawong,” came the message last night, notifying others of the find.

There are more than 207,000 fans raptly following the movements of Bangkok’s boys in brown, or at least a popular Facebook page tracking their checkpoints.

“We love police stop,” has become a reliable source of checkpoint news, and likely the first stop when getting behind the wheel for many Bangkok motorists.

The site’s English subtitle, “Don’t Drive Drunk, emphasizes its “informational purposes only” intent, although that’s probably as tongue-in-cheek as their expressed love for the authorities. “Dentist,” “boy scout,” and “P’ Tam” (from Tamruat, the Thai word for police) are just some of the cute nicknames they have for the hardworking professionals of the Bangkok Metropolitan Police.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/11/08/motorists-turn-web-monitor-every-move-bangkoks-finest

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-11-08

In over 23 years coming and going the BIB have been very friendly, where else can you pay an instant little fine for no rego, insurance,license.One time i was stopped and the policeman noticed car had no current rego, after his boss got involved I explained that car had rego but I was still waiting for it to be sent from Chiang Mai to Khanchan. he just smiled and so ok you can go. Where I live in the boondocks now they couldn,t be nicer.certainly a lot nicer than some westerners.

• Like 1