CHINA AIRLINES (BE AWARE)

colmal

after booking china airlines i dicovered they have  new baggage weight restrictions,golf bag now only 15 kgs,and hand luggage 7kgs,i have flown several times with them,but i think this is the last time for me.

15kg golf bag limit? Outrageous! I will voice my displeasure at this to the R&A and the USGA! Just despicable!

Are you freaking serious OP? Unless you're a struggling professional golfer, why in Jack Nicklaus' name is your golf gear more than 15kg?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

after booking china airlines i dicovered they have new baggage weight restrictions,golf bag now only 15 kgs,and hand luggage 7kgs,i have flown several times with them,but i think this is the last time for me.

15kg golf bag limit? Outrageous! I will voice my displeasure at this to the R&A and the USGA! Just despicable!

Are you freaking serious OP? Unless you're a struggling professional golfer, why in Jack Nicklaus' name is your golf gear more than 15kg?

you obviously dont play golf bub,golf bag is carried in a golf case,golf shoes,golf balls,etc,you try it,and come back when you have weighed them.

you obviously dont play golf bub,golf bag is carried in a golf case,golf shoes,golf balls,etc,you try it,and come back when you have weighed them.

Hahaha don't make me laugh princess... Been playing the game that is the best way to ruin a Sunday for a very long time...

I've also traversed this magnificent world of ours with my clubs being my priority. I've never weighed in over 15kgs and that includes all of your excuses...

You've obviously not done it well enough...

Edited by Mario2008
flame removed
  • Like 1

And why prey tell should you get a separate allowance for cross country hockey sticks? How many other sports get a free weight allowance?

How many other (popular)sports have individuals travelling to play needing that type of equipment?

Skiing is one that springs to mind and like golf clubs different airlines have different policies.

I'm off for a round shortly and just weighed my bag. Fourteen clubs (metal irons), shoes, gloves, tees, 6 balls, in a Taylormade full size bag. 18 kilograms.

Mind you, the caddie is always saying "grabout nag muk muk leuue".

Several airlines were touting the 7 KG limit before. I am sure China Airlines did that to me once several years ago and made me check in my carryon. I have a small soft carryon that I can fit anywhere and I do travel light. 7 KG is too light though. That makes a carryon almost useless

I flew China Airlines a few times with a massive bike box; oversized and overweight. they measured and weighed it, smiled, and didn't charge me anymore. I do realize my luck has likely run out, but who knows. worst case it might be another $400, so next time maybe i even just buy a bike when i get there and leave it there...

another note: met a guy who had a bag labeled "wind surfing" and told me he had golf clubs inside. said a company makes it specifically for this reason.