Samsung Galaxy S4 Service Center

rogerpilly

Hello everybody,

I need to bring a 2 month old Galaxy S4 to service. I bought it at Central in an official store, the warranty was registered and I have the receipt. I pretty much know what the problem is, as it is quite common with this phone. Most likely the USB ribbon needs to be replaced. I have seen on Youtube this can be done pretty quickly and easily.

Do you think I should bring it to the place where I bought it or directly to a service center? I saw on Samsung website there is a service center in Phuket Town on Phang Nga Rd. Of course I am looking for the quickest solution. Does anybody have experience with that service center or know any other place where I could get it done under warranty? I am hoping they can fix it here without sending it to BKK, otherwise it is going to take very long time...

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

I have replaced the micro USB ribbon on my Galaxy S2 twice now. Between sweat, seawater and pocket lint, the ports just don't hold up for more than a year or so for me.

Followed one of the many Youtube videos and it took 15 minutes the first time and 5-10 minutes the second.

The first time, I bought the part at MBK, second time in a kiosk in Chinatown (BKK). That indicates to me the parts are pretty widely available wherever they fix cell phones. Cost was 200 baht with no negotiating on my part.

If you can find the part and a Youtube video, I'd recommend a DIY job.

I have replaced the micro USB ribbon on my Galaxy S2 twice now. Between sweat, seawater and pocket lint, the ports just don't hold up for more than a year or so for me.

Followed one of the many Youtube videos and it took 15 minutes the first time and 5-10 minutes the second.

The first time, I bought the part at MBK, second time in a kiosk in Chinatown (BKK). That indicates to me the parts are pretty widely available wherever they fix cell phones. Cost was 200 baht with no negotiating on my part.

If you can find the part and a Youtube video, I'd recommend a DIY job.

Thank you for your replay. If I understand correctly, you are suggesting not bothering with warranty and just have the work done on my expenses. If I or somebody else open it wouldn't I void the warranty?

Thanks again

Go to the service center on phang nga road. They offer a good service at a fair price.

I have been there twice with my tablet, two other friends had their firmware update done there, always good service, friendly and knowledgable staff there. Your S4 will be in good hands.

• Like 1