physical Internet radio, availabe here?

THAIPHUKET

Thank was extraordinarily quick MJCM, tks! Can I also ask for the Lottery Number?

PS seems even the near- identical product http://goo.gl/BeNHvo

555, just a regular customer there, so I know what they have

It's a bit more expensive (around 2500 THB) but it saves the hassle with shipping it in.

Good Luck

"I love the variety of internet music. My favorite station is sky.fm Great choice of channels.
I saw the attached ad in Germany. Something similar available here?"

Just get an Android device (phone, tablet) and some sort of dock/speaker system. Or some Sonos equipment. Cheaper (well, not the Sonos smile.png ), simpler, better.

Disclaimer: I subscribe to Sky.fm and own Sonos equipment.

• Like 1

If you have a computer (and a set of speakers) you can enjoy SKY.fm without buying a radio. At home I enjoy listening to SKY.fm Mostly Classical through my PC. At work I listen to Radio Paradise through my headphones.

I've known people to buy radios and regret it as for the same cost you can just buy a fairly decent 2.1 speaker set for your computer and really get a better sound than a wifi radio.

• Like 1

KitttenKong, Sonos is certainly of interest , the web site shows only a shop in Phuket http://www.h3-digital.com/

Did you get it from there?

Glad to see another fan of Sky.fm

I got my Sonos Play 5 on offer from Amazon UK during a visit a few years ago and brought it back thanks to the generous Qatar baggage allowance. I did spot a shop in Soi Chaiyapreuk (Jomtien) with a Sonos sign outside the other day (dont know if they actually stock the product !), and I suspect that Sonos stuff would be available in Bangkok at a significant mark-up. Or HongKong/Singapore of course. Sonos is expensive but good quality.

As Schondie very rightly says you can do it as effectively with a good set of PC speakers (wireless?) but this supposes that your PC is on all the time and is conveniently located.

An Android device + dock can be had for very little if you shop around. You may even already have an Android tablet or phone. And you can do it with Apple products also, though it pains me to mention them.

• 2 weeks later...

or you can buy (in Banana I think) a little gizmo that attaches to the Aux Input of your stereo, and to which you connect your phone's BlueTooth.

You can then stream with TuneIn, Xiialive, PlayerFM, Stitcher, etc. to your hearts content.

There is even a Sky.FM app (and more importantly a Talk Sport one).

But be aware that ShoutCast is due to shut down in a week or so if someone doesn't buy it.

That will knock a nice little online radio database off the airwaves.