Does Thailand have white eggs ?

quiuvo

How long have you been here?

Enough to know that I have not seen white eggs in many months. How long have you been here ?

10+ years.

I saw white eggs the first week.

Does mommy know you sit up so late on internet?

55555 if my mom was alive she would be asking the same questions AH.

Are they the same inside ? I wonder what colour eggs I've been getting with my breakfast when I occasionally go to the bar/cafe across the street.

Inside the egg are two colors I think. You should know better since you eat them more frequently then I do.

Please somebody help me with my query. The above individuals are just having fun.

I would say the OP has a valid point and not necessary to be so rude answering the question.

In the US all I remember seeing are white eggs. I've been in Thailand 22 years and all I see are brown eggs. Lotus, BigC, mom&pop shops, all with stacks and stacks of eggs and they are brown. I see large trucks with huge pallets of eggs or the sidecar delivery guy and all brown. There may be white 'chicken' eggs here but it is such a rarity that it doesn't register with me. At least in my neck of the woods in northern Thailand.

I would say the OP has a valid point and not necessary to be so rude answering the question.

In the US all I remember seeing are white eggs. I've been in Thailand 22 years and all I see are brown eggs. Lotus, BigC, mom&pop shops, all with stacks and stacks of eggs and they are brown. I see large trucks with huge pallets of eggs or the sidecar delivery guy and all brown. There may be white 'chicken' eggs here but it is such a rarity that it doesn't register with me. At least in my neck of the woods in northern Thailand.

Thank you. I was only asking a fair question until some ah started this nonsense. I know there are a.h. And some real genuine persons here to help. Thanks again.

Thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen white chicken eggs here. They're always brown, and the white eggs are always duck.

I'm still not sure what the pink eggs are. They only show up in mom & pop stores every once in a while, but they're occasionally there. Anyone know?

Being the curious person I am I looked up as to the why.

What's The Difference Between White Eggs And Brown Eggs?

We've all noticed the difference in price at the grocery store as we stand scratching our heads, but have you ever stopped to wonder what the difference really is between white and brown eggs? Most of us inevitably choose whichever eggs are on sale, or we just buy the color egg we've always bought. Well, it turns out there actually is a difference between white and brown eggs.

It's all about the chicken

The answer is so simple that you may be surprised. White-feathered chickens with white ear lobes lay white eggs and red-feathered ones with red ear lobes lay brown eggs (this may not apply to all breeds). And besides that, there are certain chickens that even lay speckled eggs and blue eggs. But when you get down to the egg, nutritionally there is no difference -- it's all just in the looks.

Source

CHICKENS.jpg

An even more important question: is there a difference in taste?

Being a man with a preference for brunettes, I'd go for the brown egg.

there are differences in the taste of eggs but not due to shell colour.

Bah...the brunettes taste better!

thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen white chicken eggs here. They're always brown, and the white eggs are always duck.

I'm still not sure what the pink eggs are. They only show up in mom & pop stores every once in a while, but they're occasionally there. Anyone know?

The white eggs are usually duck eggs. The shells are much thicker and IMHO they have a richer flavor. I usually buy duck eggs from the lady down the road.

Some of the white eggs have been processed and are preserved by burying them under black earthy soil.. They are called Khai Kem. They usually are displayed with one of the eggs cut in half showing the inside. They are very salty but are delicious with some Thai dishes.

The brown eggs are always chicken eggs. They have a very thin shell.

The pink eggs are known as Khai Yiaw Maa (Horse Piss Eggs) - this is due to the smell of ammonia when you peel the egg caused by the preservation method. They are painted pink in order to distinguish them from the salty eggs. They are black in color. the albumen being translucent (although black) and the yolks slightly green/black. IMHO the eggs taste delicious once you ignore the color

Being the curious person I am I looked up as to the why.

What's The Difference Between White Eggs And Brown Eggs?

We've all noticed the difference in price at the grocery store as we stand scratching our heads, but have you ever stopped to wonder what the difference really is between white and brown eggs? Most of us inevitably choose whichever eggs are on sale, or we just buy the color egg we've always bought. Well, it turns out there actually is a difference between white and brown eggs.

It's all about the chicken

The answer is so simple that you may be surprised. White-feathered chickens with white ear lobes lay white eggs and red-feathered ones with red ear lobes lay brown eggs (this may not apply to all breeds). And besides that, there are certain chickens that even lay speckled eggs and blue eggs. But when you get down to the egg, nutritionally there is no difference -- it's all just in the looks.

Source

CHICKENS.jpg

There's so much skin whitening cream in Thailand it's contaminating the food chain.