PM Yingluck charges opposition with unfair censure

Lite Beer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every time, including today during the censure debate, that the PM opens her mouth she removes all doubts as why everyone is calling her stupid.

Is it that this is one of those moments when she cannot run and hide and must stand on her own and face a grilling. No answering important questions with just "Ka" as she has done before, alas, to a TV reporter question. Anyways, thus clarifying the question, is she an idiot or not?

• Like 1

This is very impressive stuff.

Yingluck's government apparently solved the economic problems created by the Europeans and Americans, created a surge in growth and even managed to bring the endemic corruption in Thailand to heel too.

I think we must be looking at the next Economic Sciences Nobel Prize winner here. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Yingluck's government apparently solved the economic problems created by the Europeans and Americans, created a surge in growth and even managed to bring the endemic corruption in Thailand to heel too.

I think we must be looking at the next Economic Sciences Nobel Prize winner here. thumbsup.gif

and a Nobel Prize for you in comedy.

More like the ignoble prize idiot award for blatant lying..

Economic growth of 6% and soaring exports? Today's headlines were that they won't even met the 3% mark in GDP growth and the 9% exports growth they were predicting turned out to be a miserable 1%.

I guess this answers the "Is she stupid?" question, no one with two brain cells to rub together would expect to get away with such glaring lies.

• Like 1

Well well well...

It seems that all the TVF Thaksinistas are very quiet on this thread.

What happened?... Did she open her big stupid mouth again and undermine your worthless cause??

Long may she reign.... while she is your idol, the protesters are gathering great fuel for their argument.

Don't invite them in Tim, there's only so many of them to go round.

ya just dont get it,ever since the year dot the ruling government has been corrupt. thaksin was caught and would of had no worries if he just played the usual game, keep quite and it will blow over. respecting the peoples choice as leader doesn,t make me a red shirt, i believe in the peoples choice good or bad. let time sort it out and one day they the majority will vote in an ahole or a saint. up to thais

That's the problem. She doesn't really work. All she does is go overseas shopping and host airheaded competitions. I mean that's all she has done since she became PM.

That some MPs accuse me of being stupid, as for this issue, it is difficult to explain or if I explain, no one will believe me because they are not the people who have worked with me.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-responds-stupidity-allegation/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=yingluck-responds-stupidity-allegation

--Thai PBS 2013-11-26

That's the problem. She doesn't really work. All she does is go overseas shopping and host airheaded competitions. I mean that's all she has done since she became PM.

That some MPs accuse me of being stupid, as for this issue, it is difficult to explain or if I explain, no one will believe me because they are not the people who have worked with me.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-responds-stupidity-allegation/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=yingluck-responds-stupidity-allegation

--Thai PBS 2013-11-26

Well, why can't they get hold of someone to go front and centre on national TV to attest to the fact that Yingluck really is a very smart person.

I once saw a politician walking a dog, and I thought, “How absurd—an animal walking an animal.” Then I thought, “If given the choice, I’d rather vote for the dog.”

Jarod Kintz

So would I.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

--Thai PBS 2013-11-26

Well, why can't they get hold of someone to go front and centre on national TV to attest to the fact that Yingluck really is a very smart person.

Because even in Thailand they can't find one that want to openly tell that kind of lie.

--Thai PBS 2013-11-26

post-73341-0-61918400-1385479962_thumb.p

"Yingluck. Is. A. Very. Smart. Perrrrrson"

Oh Abhisit what a nasty nasty man you are.

Has not your upbringing and your education taught you that this is no way to treat a lady.

The lecturers and your fellow students at the prestigious schools you attended would be appalled at your disgusting behavior.

Tomorrow you must apologise profusely to the lady and never ever treat her in this way again.

Another paid employee of the government. You really think WE will fall for your nonsense?

I think he was being sarcastic. It is true that Yingluck can barely talk. She messes up almost every speech she does.

On the other hand, K'Abhisit has not shown any evidence yet backing up of all his accusations.

It is very hard for the opposition to provide evidence of government corruption, when every single government balance sheet is kept secret by the government.

Imagine if private companies were allowed to keep their balance sheets secret from the revenue department, how on earth would the revenue department know how much tax was due, or how much the private companies had cheated?

This might come off as a sexist question, but I'm curious. I get the feeling that she might be playing the "don't bash the pretty lady" card. Is that something an unqualified female leader in Thailand could benefit from and do you also think she is doing that? The "unfair" complaint sounds really weak and doesn't seem like something a male politician would usually say. It kind of reminds me of the kind of thing USA silly failed politician Sarah Palin would say. I am differentiating lady politicos who are actually qualified vs. those who got in from "other" ways.

It does not sound really weak .. it is really weak

IMO She lacks the ability to rise to a challenge lacks charisma and it not a born leader. More often than not she is not where the crisis is, she is off on a train journey to Hua Hin or on a hastily planned foreign trip to some other small country in the name of "improve relations" When you are the CEO a nation you need to lead from the front and this she does not do.

The keyword here is 'Unfair'!

If she thinks she is beening unfair to, all she needs to do is to bring out the truth, point by point, to show how the Opposition has been unfair towards her with their balant accusations.

Example, show how truthful she was in court in the so called perjury case. Show how truthful she was in deeming the urgency for the Bt350b for water management as declared to the court...etc.

Perjury accusations are hard to defend because people think you are telling porkies.

BTW she has not been charged with perjury because she was not the defendant in the original case. If that seems illogical, discuss the matter with Tarit.

Perjury accusations are hard to defend because people think you are telling porkies.

BTW she has not been charged with perjury because she was not the defendant in the original case. If that seems illogical, discuss the matter with Tarit.

Yes I remember when this happened, Tarit cancelled the laws as regards perjury to stop any harm coming to his Yingluck who was forced to lie in court(to protect her brother) during the unusual wealth case. Now it is fine and proper to tell lies in court under oath. And now they wonder why we have anarchy on the streets.

CENSURE SHOWDOWN
Govt 'favours family over country'

Chanon Wongsatayanont
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Chinnaworn Boonyakiat, a Democrat MP from Nakhon Si Thammarat, spoke against the Prime Minister in the censure debate against the government Tuesday.

He said that the government had no legitimacy to rule because it did not fulfil its promises and favoured a single family rather than the country.

Chinnaworn said that the government failed to fulfil its election pledge to lower living costs for Thai people. He gave the example of the rise in fuel prices and increased cost from the Bt300 minimum wage scheme. Only products such as corn and rubber had got cheaper, he said.

The MP said the PM was not scrutinised for allegedly failing to take responsibility and attend important parliamentary sessions. He raised the example of the 2011 floods, when the PM was not present at a meeting because she was visiting another country.

The PM was accused of giving favours to her backers or people close to her by promoting them to be ministers. Chinnaworn listed five people as examples, including Energy Minister Pongsak Ruktapongpisal, Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt and Deputy Finance Minister Benja Louicharoen.

Finally, Chinnaworn added that Yingluck was not a capable prime minister because she was a "puppet" of her brother Thaksin Shinawatra.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-27

Her speech would be a lot more credible if she could name just one anti-corruption case her administration has started? Especially one where some VIP has been tried and/or convicted. Personally I cannot think of even a single case?

Pracha Maleenont, perhaps?

I think he was being sarcastic. It is true that Yingluck can barely talk. She messes up almost every speech she does.

On the other hand, K'Abhisit has not shown any evidence yet backing up of all his accusations.

It is very hard for the opposition to provide evidence of government corruption, when every single government balance sheet is kept secret by the government.

Imagine if private companies were allowed to keep their balance sheets secret from the revenue department, how on earth would the revenue department know how much tax was due, or how much the private companies had cheated?

Yes, but you have to back up the accusations leveled at the PM and her government if you make such.

Speaker Somsak demanded to see the documentation when the censure motion was submitted. It was not given.

This is understandable, because they want to prevent the accused from preparing their defense.

However, now that the debate is running, they MUST provide evidence of corruption/conflict of interest, not just say "Everybody knows this"

"For the past two years in the office, (I) have encountered several crises and have survived them all."

Translation: "During the past 2 years there have been a multitude of disasters and none of them have affected me in the least,.. I am still here"

That alone should have been enough to hang her but the fact that she's proud of it just proves her thick skinned stupidity!

Ummm your government is the epoch of corruption. You didn't fight corruption, you and your cronies made more money.

And this government isn't about democracy, it's about using it's majority to benefit a few, if not just one person.

In other words, FAIL!!!

Which country/ planet we be talkin' bout here boy?

The country called Thailand, on the planet called Earth by it's locals, in this universe here and now.

Ummm your government is the epoch of corruption. You didn't fight corruption, you and your cronies made more money.

And this government isn't about democracy, it's about using it's majority to benefit a few, if not just one person.

In other words, FAIL!!!

Which country/ planet we be talkin' bout here boy?

• Like 1