3 languages

Mickey Cohen

Hey all,

my son is 7 months now, my wife speaks thai to him and I have been speaking french for daily routine things and english when reading books or singing songs.

But lately I have been mixing it up a bit being kind of irregular. Sometime speak french and some other english. What do you think about 3 languages for baby, and 1 person speaking 2 at the same time?

Just begin with both ur native languages i would advise.....later when kid goes to school, kindergarten, and start the learning process, learn him english. All depends ofcourse on ur future, medium and longterm plans. Ur family, french, visting u regularly. Kids pick up things quickly....forget quickly as well...so ...

• Like 1

I'm in the same situation as I speak English to the wife, and the wife speaks Broken English to the kid, but I try to always, ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT speak in my native language to the kid, even if I need to translate to English so the mother can also understand what I'm saying.

I don't worry about Thai, the kid can hear it all the time, being in Thailand.

I learnt thai at a language school when I first arrived on ED visa

The first 2 years I didnt wanna mix with foreigners, it was only thai with thai people. Then I met my wife who doesnt really speak englishSo we just speak thai.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1