Need some assistance

I have a non-B working visa which expires on the 26 th of this month, it's got the name of a language school on it, but that job fell through and now I gotta job at a different school. The new school is sorting out my work permit, but they said I don't need to go to Laos to change the visa, they will change it at immigration, I find that a little strange, so I want to ask here before I do anything and risk overstaying. So do I need a work permit with the schools name in order to to get the new visa with my school? And can I do this at immigration or do I have to go to thai embassy in Laos?

Start again !

You do not have a " working visa" there is no such thing and the "name of the school" does not appear on a visa.

As you seem somewhat "confused" maybe a little thought , reflection and a re-post would assistsmile.png

You have according to your dates about four days to get sorted

I took a picture, here is the link, you see at the top, non immigrant B visa. See at the bottom left, weci hua-hin english instructor. I just want to know if I can renew this at immigration without going to Laos.

My situation:
No work permit should come this week but don't know as to what day, it could be tomorrow.

On a visa under a different school that I don't work for.

Expires in 4 days

post-21260-0-67212400-1387744774_thumb.j

Edited by Maestro
removed personal details from visa image

I took a picture, here is the link, you see at the top, non immigrant B visa. See at the bottom left, weci hua-hin english instructor. I just want to know if I can renew this at immigration without going to Laos.

My situation:

No work permit should come this week but don't know as to what day, it could be tomorrow.

Expires in 4 days

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=246139

Ok I note the unusual nature of the single entry (90 days) visa

I think you are likely to have to leave the country and get a new visa based on paperwork supplied by your new employer.

Edited by Maestro

My situation:

Expires in 4 days

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=246139

The date of visa issue isn't important here, it is now the date you entered Thailand, which appears to be October 25th. By my count, you should be stamped admitted until January 22, 2014. Until then, you would not be on overstay and have time to work on documentation, etc.

My situation:

Expires in 4 days

Now that has served the purpose I would remove the picutre or at least blank out personal data.

Your visa expires on the 26th. Although it has the school's name in the remarks section, I don't think that the visa is actually tied to the school. If your new school has all of the paperwork in order they/you can most likely get and extension matching the length of your new contract at immigration without leaving the country, but it does expire in 2 days so they had better get going. The letter from MOE usually takes the longest, but it's worth a shot.

As beechguy has said, it is the expiration of your current permission to stay that mattes, not the expiration date on the visa. When you entered Thailand, the immigration officer put a rectangular arrival stamp in your passport and this should read

ADMITTED 25 OCT 2013

UNTIL 22 JAN 2014

This means that at the moment you are good to stay in Thailand until 22 January.

The unusual part of your stamp is the indication of the name of the school that supplied you the necessary documents to apply for the non-B visa at the Thai consulate. Your prospective new employer, ie not the school indicated on the visa, tells you that they can get you the work permit for employment at their school and subsequently an extension of stay in good time, ie before 22 January, which probably means that based on previous experience they expect that the Department of Employment and the immigration office will do it for them. Only if they cannot manage it will you have to go to a consulate in a nearby country, with papers from the school, to apply for a new non-B visa. The good news is that you are not pressed for time.

From my personal experience when changing schools like this, I had to leave the country and apply for a new Non B. Then you will need a new Work Permit in the name of the school that you will be going to.

If your school says that they can change it in the country more power to them. Many labor offices will not issue a receipt for W.P. fees until they see the Non B visa in the passport.

From my personal experience when changing schools like this, I had to leave the country and apply for a new Non B. Then you will need a new Work Permit in the name of the school that you will be going to.

If your school says that they can change it in the country more power to them. Many labor offices will not issue a receipt for W.P. fees until they see the Non B visa in the passport.

You were probably on an extension of stay not a visa. That would require you to leave the country on the date job ended.

OP has a 90 day non-b visa entry. That remark on the visa sticker should not make any difference to the labor ministry for the work permit issuance and the an extension of stay from immigration..

We've experienced this a few times. Your new employer needs to contact the school that sponsored your original non-immigrant B visa in order to request them to write a release letter. It's simple and straightforward if you haven't upset the school that sponsored the original visa.

Immigration will advise on the wording. Immigration won't allow your new school to extend unless they have evidence that your original sponsor gives permission for the visa that was issued with their paperwork to be transferred to another school.

Remember that the wording of the original sponsor letter to the Cardiff consulate included the condition that the sponsoring school would cover all costs if you needed to be repatriated to your home country.

You were probably on an extension of stay not a visa. That would require you to leave the country on the date job ended.

OP has a 90 day non-b visa entry. That remark on the visa sticker should not make any difference to the labor ministry for the work permit issuance and the an extension of stay from immigration..

It's a single-entry non-immigrant B that was utilized on October 25th. He's good for 90 days from this date. Why would he be on an extension of stay? The 3 months of the visa haven't expired yet.

The remark (I guess you mean the school name) will make a difference if he's using this visa with another school. It wouldn't be there otherwise.

It's a single-entry non-immigrant B that was utilized on October 25th. He's good for 90 days from this date. Why would he be on an extension of stay? The 3 months of the visa haven't expired yet.

The remark (I guess you mean the school name) will make a difference if he's using this visa with another school. It wouldn't be there otherwise.

I was replying to the quoted post. Which was misleading.

The remarks is just info and is not binding. It is like the stamps they have put next to visa stamps before that said no extension allowed that immigration ignored

I was replying to the quoted post. Which was misleading.

The remarks is just info and is not binding. It is like the stamps they have put next to visa stamps before that said no extension allowed that immigration ignored

Our experience is that if the name of the school is written on the visa, then permission is required from that school to allow another school to extend that visa. Policy and procedure may be different in other provinces. This was Chiang Mai.

Some immirgation office indeed appear to only extend a non-B visa for employment for the school that is mentioned with the visa, but I don't believe it is nation wide policy. It will depend on the office on uses.

I know in some southern provinces it is policy, but didn't know it is also practise in CM.