Student stabbed with bayonet in Phuket gang attack

webfact

Student stabbed with bayonet in Phuket gang attack
Eakkapop Thongtub

1388118635_1.jpg
A paramedic examines the teenager's stab wound.

PHUKET: -- A 17-year-old student at Muang Thalang School was hospitalised yesterday afternoon (December 26) after being stabbed with a bayonet in front of horrified fellow students.

Ronnagorn Gunphai, 17, was attacked at the entrance to the school by a gang of six teenagers, one of home stabbed him just beneath the ribs on the right side of his body, in the area of his liver.

The Kusoldharm Rescue Foundation were alerted by a school teacher at around 2:30 pm. At the scene they found a crowd of students, plainly upset and frightened by what they had just witnessed.

After first aid, Ronnagorn was taken to Thalang Hospital for treatment. His injuries are understood not to be life-threatening.

Police said a friend of Ronnagorn’s told them it all happened very fast. Six teenagers rode up to Ronnagorn on motorbikes and stabbed him, before fleeing.

Police believe the attack was part of a teenage gang war, and that Ronnagorn knows who his attackers are. They were due to question him in hospital yesterday.

Investigators added that there had been trouble between the two groups before.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/student-stabbed-with-bayonet-in-phuket-gang-attack-43695.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-12-27

This is result of kids evolving from depressed and poor social economic back grounds who in turn revert to crime such as selling drugs to make a living.
Some of these undesirables persistently stand over and intimidate other kids into joining their gangs so they gain more control over others in their territory.
We see this a lot outside of 7 eleven and other convenience stores in the Thalang district particularly when our young teenager makes a dash for a store and the intimidation starts by one of the gang members hanging about on motorbikes.

• Like 1

Phuket high school student stabbed outside school gates
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_20131227161043781_yVoLwJWmjjW
The youth was stabbed by other teenagers outside his school at 2:30 in the afternoon. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- A senior high school student is in hospital after being stabbed yesterday afternoon as he left school in Thalang, in central Phuket.

Kusoldharm Foundation rescue workers were called to the Muang Thalang School (map here) at 2:30pm and found the youth with a chest wound.

“He had been stabbed once in the chest with a long, thin, sharp object that looked like a woodworking tool,” said a rescue worker called to the scene.

“We rushed him to Thalang Hospital,” he added.

Friends of the youth – whose name is being withheld because he is a minor – told rescue workers that they had just finished an exam and were headed to their motorbikes when six teenagers arrived on two motorbikes.

“They attacked him,” said one friend. “I shouted for help and they rode off. We ran to our friend and saw he had been stabbed, and called our teachers.

“I don’t know their names, but I think they are teenagers from Baan Muang Mai that we don’t get along with,” he added.

Staff at Thalang Hospital confirmed that the student was still receiving treatment for his injury, but was out of danger.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-high-school-student-stabbed-outside-school-gates-23118.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-12-27

This is result of kids evolving from depressed and poor social economic back grounds who in turn revert to crime such as selling drugs to make a living.

Some of these undesirables persistently stand over and intimidate other kids into joining their gangs so they gain more control over others in their territory.

We see this a lot outside of 7 eleven and other convenience stores in the Thalang district particularly when our young teenager makes a dash for a store and the intimidation starts by one of the gang members hanging about on motorbikes.

Bullsh!t! I grew up in a poor area, with little to no prospects in a heavliy declining area. Neither me nor any of my friends, our gana if you will, stabbed anyone! A few kids had fights along the way, but nothing more serious than a blackeye.

This is a result of monkey see, monkey do & total lack of enforced consequence. That coupled with the social cancer know as making or keeping face.

Yeah, and this is 30 years later too, now things are escalating everywhere to more extremes and will continue to make criminal mentality more acceptable to the gullible.

• Like 1

Bullsh!t! I grew up in a poor area, with little to no prospects in a heavliy declining area. Neither me nor any of my friends, our gana if you will, stabbed anyone! A few kids had fights along the way, but nothing more serious than a blackeye.

This is a result of monkey see, monkey do & total lack of enforced consequence. That coupled with the social cancer know as making or keeping face.

''This is a result of....''

Also of not having a father around...

• Like 1

''This is a result of....''

Also of not having a father around...

That cares enough to teach right from wrong, actions and consequences and discipline....

Actually I would attribute this very common Thai issue to some sort of Simian-esque peer rites.

Bangkok schools, especially the technical colleges are as good as at war with each other, with numerous bus shootings and gang battles with weapons, besides the typical fights and beat downs of students from other schools.

It is territorial, ego, and simian-esque in nature.

From memory 3 different bystanders (commuters in buses) have been shot and killed in BKK in the last year when one pack has attacked and shot at a few others from another tech-college who were on the same bus, in three different incidents.

Edited by 1ma
  • Like 1

+1thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

How many years ago was that. I too grew up with the mentality if you fought a man and beat him, then you would help him up and buy him a beer. Sadly that has changed. Now you beat a man and kick his head in. Not just in Thailand. Everywhere.

• Like 1

Actually I would attribute this very common Thai issue to some sort of Simian-esque peer rites.

Bangkok schools, especially the technical colleges are as good as at war with each other, with numerous bus shootings and gang battles with weapons, besides the typical fights and beat downs of students from other schools.

It is territorial, ego, and simian-esque in nature.

From memory 3 different bystanders (commuters in buses) have been shot and killed in BKK in the last year when one pack has attacked and shot at a few others from another tech-college who were on the same bus, in three different incidents.

Just a few weeks ago didn't a student have his hand chopped off with a machete,that surgeons managed to re-attach,saying he'd probably never regain the full use of it?

Not saying I am right but for me this is a result of a society that has no consequences. Students cannot fail there grades, teachers

are not allowed to discipline students, parents do not discipline there children, parents buy there 14 year old kids scooters and cell phones

which allow children to roam around in gangs. Parents should start being parents and realize there kids are not always saints.

Get involved in there education by meeting regularly with teachers and supervise there kids. This may not bee the solution but it is a

start. wai.gif

Exactly......never seen so many spoiled and undisciplined children as in Thailand.

Not sure if sports is the answer ???? But I think it's a good start ........ thumbsup.gif

That would be one way to release the teen steam and learn about control.

One way is to show the aftermath of the fights to the kids, before they start have fights as preventative measure.

Back in home country we had that kind of educational roadshow / two hour lecture in schools. Not pretty pictures and stories what happened even after one hit. People get paralyzed and they suffer. Their families suffer. The hitter suffers and the hitters family suffers.

Even the "toughest" bullies came out from the show much softer than they went in. It was effective way to make youngsters to think by themselves and act accordingly.

The new 'knock out game', which has spread in the US might be copied here as well. After all the local kids copied the slap with shoe 'game' as well. Some US laws were already modified so that even the minors can be treated as adults if they knock out random people. It will be considered as hate crime if I read correctly.

Yeah, and this is 30 years later too, now things are escalating everywhere to more extremes and will continue to make criminal mentality more acceptable to the gullible.

Agreed to a point, but I still stand behind my comments that making face/keeping face is the biggest social hindrence in SE Asia.

The WHOLE of Asia suffers from this social hinderence.
  • Like 1

How many years ago was that. I too grew up with the mentality if you fought a man and beat him, then you would help him up and buy him a beer. Sadly that has changed. Now you beat a man and kick his head in. Not just in Thailand. Everywhere.

more then 10 & less than 30!

Agreed to a point, but I still stand behind my comments that making face/keeping face is the biggest social hindrence in SE Asia.
The WHOLE of Asia suffers from this social hinderence.
The whole of the world suffers from it. People with foolish mis-placed pride, overinflated egos, and general narcissism. Selfish intolerance to anything that differs from one's insular world, and brainless violence in reaction to it, is not exclusive to Thailand or Asia.
Just check the history books.