Long-term car hire in Phuket

Tapster

PS

I have one offer of car hire for 15,000 THB per month from airportcarrent.com

Nissan NV 1.6 Automatic 1.6 liter, 4-cylinder, 2-door, power steering air- conditioning, Seats 4, Holds 4 large suitcases.

Does this seem reasonable?

Hi LivinginKata,

Thank you for the opinion.

The company says it includes 'first class insurance' but I'll check for sure by email.

I don't know if you'll have an opinion on this but, as it's a local company, should I expect to have to pay the whole rental amount up front?

That's approximately 112,500 THB

Cheers

Hi LivinginKata,

Thank you for the opinion.

The company says it includes 'first class insurance' but I'll check for sure by email.

I don't know if you'll have an opinion on this but, as it's a local company, should I expect to have to pay the whole rental amount up front?

That's approximately 112,500 THB

Cheers

I wouldn't be paying around 7 months up front. Anything could happen in 7 months on Phuket, and there will be no refund.

See if you can pay monthly, or tell them you will put 2 months down, and then pay monthly. Effectively, always keeping them 1 month in advance, until the last month.

Is the 15,000 baht a reduced rate because you are taking the car for 7 months? If not, and they will only accept full payment, up front, tell them, "I come in each month for new contract and take again." They soon change their mind. smile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Hi NKM,

The rate is a reduced one because it's long term.

Yes, I'm not really cool with paying everything up front. I like your idea of two months up front so they are always ahead. I think they should be happy with that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

smile.png

I would NOT pay the full amount up front. I would only pay month by month with some sort of deposit that would be lost in the event that you did not honor the agreed 7 months.

Yes. I thought 1 month rent a fair "deposit." Then, at the last month, they use the advance month as payment because the OP has forfilled his obligation of 7 months.

I drive a Honda Jazz for that price. Full insurance. 5000 deposit in case of need for deductible.

You are allowed to leave the Island with it, however you need to sort yourself if you breakdown off the Island.

If you are interested in the local guy I use you are welcome to PM me.

• Like 1

........but it looks like you have to hire the car for more than FIVE YEARS to get that rate.

Exact quote for my seven months is pending.

coffee1.gif

I don't know if Avis or Budget can (want) do better than 14K now when inquire in high season on a Honda Jazz with full insurance but as said send a nice e-mail to their head office and ask.

Just a few weeks ago Budget had an ad in the newspaper not to mention here for prepaid (weekly/monthly) special for the same car group, 500 THB pr. day or monthly 15KTHB, i.e. you pay the monthly rent up front with a Credit Card (15K) plus they "hold" 20K on your Credit Card, it was included CDW/SCDW.