AIS One-2-call prepaid: Android 4.2 / 3G Internet does not work

Hi, may be one of you could help a retarded tech guy please!

Otherwise I need to visit tomorrow a Telewiz shop.

I do have a smartphone with Android 4.2 and a SIM card from AIS one-2-call prepaid.

So far I always used the EDGE internet with the code *500*72# phone_table.png and it worked.

Since last Thursday I do have the new SIM card for 3G; same phone number.

Now I used the new code for their package 3G *777*74#phone_table.png.

I got the SMS that my package is activated and ready to use.

The B249 + VAT was already deducted from my balance.

But nothing happens. Not even EDGE/GPRS.

What I did/checked so far:

a) my mobile data usage is ON.

cool.png Roaming is on.

c) AIS internet page shows that my area is covered with 3G

d) checked *129#phone_table.png

What am I doing wrong? Your feedback / solution is highly welcome!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

Rob

Please go to Settings- Wireless and Networks- Mobile networks - Access Point Names (APNS on some versions)

Makes sure the following stiings are here:

Name: ais

APN: AIS GPRS

Most likely there is nothing there now.

If these lines are not there, you dont have 3G connection, even tho the 3G icon is there.

fill those lines as they should be, then go back to Access Point Names, click on a round dot to set your APN.

That should do it.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please go to Settings- Wireless and Networks- Mobile networks - Access Point Names (APNS on some versions) Makes sure the following stiings are here: Name: ais APN: AIS GPRS Most likely there is nothing there now. If these lines are not there, you dont have 3G connection, even tho the 3G icon is there. fill those lines as they should be, then go back to Access Point Names, click on a round dot to set your APN. That should do it. Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks a lot.

I do have there the 3G icon which is checked.

I will try to do so.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Rob

Cool!

The Access Point Names menu has ton of lines, most likely the APN is not set.

The line APN fill in AIS GPRS, all others leave emty for now.

Then click back to Access Point Names, AIS GPRS should have appered now, before there was nothing. Click on a grey dot, APN is now set.

May have restart phone.

• Like 1

Do you have an AiS shop in your area?

I had a similar issue when doing the upgrade to 3G (I needed a new SIM), the techy chap fixed it in about a minute, unfortunately I didn't see what he did :(

If that fails, make a call to AIS call center, choose English if course, ask to speak customer servise.

The AIS people see from their side all your settings, if the 3G icon is there on your phone, but you have no internet, it can only be Access Point Name not being set. Operator knows this, it is very common issue. The operator will then send the settings to your phone in minutes, after receiving the settings, you dont need to do anything, your phone sets the APN and all else automatically.

There is no need to go to their service centers, and sit there for hours, waiting.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

What make and model phone do you have?

It does sound like an APN issue? Do you have any listings in Settings, Wireless & networks, More, Mobile networks, Access Point Names? If not, create a new one and remember to save it select it and reboot.

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/apn/APN_setting_Android.pdf

That plan provides 1 GB hard-capped - you'll pay by the min or MB when you go over 1 GB (upload and download) - over 7 days. It should provide decent 3G speed assuming you have coverage.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

What make and model phone do you have?

It does sound like an APN issue

I am curious too!

OP last posted 4 hrs ago, I think we will never know, but most likely it was APN not set.

People often get advice, the issue is sorted, there is no need for them to come back and post any more.

I would like to give you my feedback what happened after my last postings.

As advised I called the AIS Call Center and described them my problem of not getting the 3G internet and the possible solution APN (of user valgehiir). The male person said that this is a common problem, APN setting, after getting the new 3G and easy to solve. He told me he will send me a SMS including the solution.

So .... and now comes the funny part: he sends me the SMS with this link: http://www.ais.co.th/3g/setting3g.html

I had a good laugh. How can access the internet link when I don't get internet connection!!!!????

biggrin.png

As I could not get over again to my neighbour yesterday afternoon in order to use his internet as his wife not like to welcome anyone in their home (but he is happy every time I show up as I always bring them the red wine bottle he loves so much); I could only tackle the problem online this morning using the internet from another neighbour.

Valgehiir was right about APN and I followed all his steps and now I am back online with my smartphone.

Thanks to all of you and a special thanks to Valgehiir for your very helpful support.

You are really great!

Thanks again and best regards,

from a very happy - online - Rob