Pakastani arrested for passing counterfeit notes in Phuket

webfact

HerbalEd, on 02 Jan 2014 - 12:40, said:
Costas2008, on 02 Jan 2014 - 12:04, said:

"Pakastani arrested for passing counterfeit notes in Phuket"

Is it politically correct to call a Pakistani......Pakastani????????

It's called a typo. Get over it.

Ahhhhh.....and then .......they are asking us to do "proofreading" on our posts before we submit.

What an unfair world this is!!

HerbalEd, on 02 Jan 2014 - 12:40, said:
Costas2008, on 02 Jan 2014 - 12:04, said:

It's called a typo. Get over it.

Ahhhhh.....and then .......they are asking us to do "proofreading" on our posts before we submit.

What an unfair world this is!!

A typo is when you hit one letter that is next to the correct one.

A and I are just about as far apart as you can get on a keyboard.

They don't know how to spell Pakistan. wink.png

• Like 2

I guess spelling a country's name correctly, isn't the Phuket Gazette's strong point.wink.png

'A Booth' couldn't tell if $5,000 worth of KD was real or not......yeah right.

“The staff at the booth said they examined the notes and they looked fine, but when they rechecked them at close of day, they realized they were counterfeit".............they scrutinize a 100 USD or 50 GBP as they're not 100% sure, so I really don't believe the story about it 'looking fine'.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/693441-pakastani-arrested-for-passing-counterfeit-notes-in-phuket/page-2#entry7235992

.....I would think the burden of proof lies with the 'exchange agents'........

...we know how Thais despise Indians and Pakistanis........

....1 day later they are deemed 'fake'........

...something is not right here.....

• Like 1

Police traced Mr Haider to his hotel in Patong by piecing together CCTV images of him as he rode his motorbike from Karon to Patong.

Thats the storyline right there, big brother will get you..more and more crimes here being solved directly because of CCTV.

thats for sure "jake the mus"

Just goes to show how quickly and efficiently po po they can operate when they want to, Well

done I say. Tough job for the exchange booth guys dealing with currencies from around the world.

USD, EURO, Australian dollar probably pretty straight forward but the other currencies

maybe not seen as regularly as many from miscellaneous countries bring USD.

Pakistan tourists lol. Snatching bags and passing counterfeit notes just this week. These quality 'tourists' are always getting caught with bags of meth at the airport too

Let's see crap life if you have not work in Pakistan or take a chance in Thailand and get 2 squares a day courtesy of the Thai gov't

Something that has to be taken into account is that life in Thailand is a HUGE improvement to what the average Pakistani gets at home.

The other interesting thing is a Pakistani working with 2 Indians. That does not happen very often if true.

• Like 1

Pakistan tourists lol. Snatching bags and passing counterfeit notes just this week. These quality 'tourists' are always getting caught with bags of meth at the airport too

Let's see crap life if you have not work in Pakistan or take a chance in Thailand and get 2 squares a day courtesy of the Thai gov't

Something that has to be taken into account is that life in Thailand is a HUGE improvement to what the average Pakistani gets at home.

The other interesting thing is a Pakistani working with 2 Indians. That does not happen very often if true.

Agree. As an Indian, I would like to stay away from Pakistani. Indeed, some of my Indian Muslim friends are keeping distance with them.

Better, exchange from bank or bank's booth.

Exchanging Kuwaiti Dinars to Thai Baht in such a quantity just before leaving Thailand is surely suspicious.

If he had been exchanging THB back into whatever, that would make a whole lot more sense.

No need to be Sherlock to see something is off in his story...

How would the exchange booth in Phuket know he would be leaving soon from Bangkok. whistling.gif

Edited by LivinginKata
flame removed

"The other interesting thing is a Pakistani working with 2 Indians. That does not happen very often if true".

Birds of a feather (criminals) flock together. Nationalities seem to compliment each other perhaps when crime is involved.

From the look on the suspect's face, I surmise he thought likewise.."Something is not right here". LOL.

Yes no finger pointing smile.png the guy should have enjoyed actual holiday season wink.png before going home with over 200,000 Baht... that makes is fishi the fortunate two Indian guys with their PP details available looks ISI's work to implicate the sober Indians smile.pngsmile.png good God no farang involved in cheeep leeech activity giggle.gif

Yes the Indians in Thailand or the rest of the world for that matter are just a bundle of joy. Thai's run the other way instead of having to be belittled by these ungracious, ignorant fools.

The staff at the booth said they examined the notes and they looked fine, but when they rechecked them at close of day, they realized they were counterfeit and called us, said Karon Police Superintendent Weerawat Jantarawichit.

Of course, there's absolutely no chance the notes could've been switched during that time, yes.

Not really, banks do not keep stocks of counterfeit banknotes.

Exchanging Kuwaiti Dinars to Thai Baht in such a quantity just before leaving Thailand is surely suspicious.

If he had been exchanging THB back into …whatever, that would make a whole lot more sense.

No need to be Sherlock to see something is off in his story...

The point of the report is they were counterfeit notes so he had a very good reason for exchanging them. No need to be Sherlock to see there is something off in your post!

real (not fake) Kuwaiti Dinars are available as collectors items. they were legal tender till Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990 and the Kuwaiti Central Bank was raided. after that the notes were declared null and void even though they were used in Kuwait to make payments as long as the Iraqi occupation lasted.

i'm very sure that the Pakistani "gentleman" used the above-mentioned real worthless notes.

Seems that the bank that identified them as counterfeit disagrees with you.

It was the same day when the exchange booth closed. The only thing not right is the Pakistani and your reading.

Agree. As an Indian, I would like to stay away from Pakistani. Indeed, some of my Indian Muslim friends are keeping distance with them.

Racist.

an utmost ridiculous comment! as ridiculous if i'd say "as a German i would like to stay away from Indians and some of my Hindu friends are keeping distance too."

real (not fake) Kuwaiti Dinars are available as collectors items. they were legal tender till Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990 and the Kuwaiti Central Bank was raided. after that the notes were declared null and void even though they were used in Kuwait to make payments as long as the Iraqi occupation lasted.

i'm very sure that the Pakistani "gentleman" used the above-mentioned real worthless notes.

Seems that the bank that identified them as counterfeit disagrees with you.

the interpretation of a journalist who can't spell Pakistan does not necessarily conform with that of the bank. it is only logical to conclude that nobody in his right mind would forge a rare currency such as the Kuwaiti Dinar especially when "real" notes are available for a pittance.