Outgoing mail on iPhone via DTAC

jaffacakes1

Intermittently having difficulty sending email via 3G. As soon as wifi connects there is no problem whatsoever. Web access and incoming mail no problems on 3G hence beginning to think this may be an ISP config issue?

Have any of you good folks seen this problem before?post-166803-13890847134797_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile appjxnhl

I've never sent email to a lapdancer. Normally one just uses apple's FaceTime software for their 'service' -- Questions, questions, questions ...thought usually these lead to those awkward TMI moments between expats.

As mentioned, you might want to check your smtp setting and make sure it matches your 3G-Internet provider/carrier/service or directly sends to your email provider.

If your settings are correct, try sending an email to someone else, other than Raquel, and see if it gets sent. It could just be that Raquel's service provider is 'busy' at the moment.

Edited by RichCor

Thanks for the suggestions gents - the SMTP settings are correct as the problem is intermittent and e-mail is routed via our mail server. Again, once wifi connection is established mail flows are fine.

I also have gmail set up on that device which should act as a back up SMTP servuce but that fails also

The problem isn't with my phone either as my partner has the same issue.

If anyone can solve this I'll put 10 minutes of credit on a Saucytime account for them as a thank you.

Edited by jaffacakes1

Thanks for the suggestions gents - the SMTP settings are correct as the problem is intermittent and e-mail is routed via our mail server. Again, once wifi connection is established mail flows are fine.

I also have gmail set up on that device which should act as a back up SMTP servuce but that fails also

The problem isn't with my phone either as my partner has the same issue.

If your smtp setting is using port 25 then your mobile ISP could be blocking some ports (and the same port is open when switched to WiFi)

Search to see if your mail server supports other ports. Some support use of alternate ports/security on port 25, 465, 587, 2525 or 2526 to pass outgoing email from your mx server. Their FAQ page should show the port and settings NONE / SSL / TLS etc, required.

Strange that the issue is intermittent, as if some towers allow it and other towers block it?

• Like 1

I am coming to Thailand with an Itouch (giving my iPhone 5 to my son because I don't want to to pay for roaming charges). All I plan on with it is listening to music and occasionally calling/texting home USA To check on family thru Kype on WiFi. Am I going to have any trouble doing this? Please advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand