Shipping Honda CBR 250cc to UK

Lou Rolls

Most of the gen I've caught on the web suggests it's not worth the hassle. Just placed mine in TV's classifieds for sale at 69,000 thb. Leaving for good in April. It's a reluctant sale but seems the best way; what with export, import costs, taxes, transferance of plates...and many other beauraucratic issues...hardly seems worth it, Takes gasohol 91 here. How would that work in Blighty? Drain the tank and start anew...Also modifications needed to satisfy UK pcness, environment issues, and so on...all a bit of a head game, isn't it.

Any thoughts, experiences would be welcome.

yep, sell it and get a new one in UK. I am sure you can get a used cbr250r for gbp equivalent of 69 k thb in UK as well.

69 k is a good price. how many years and kms? and any accidents?

yep, sell it and get a new one in UK. I am sure you can get a used cbr250r for gbp equivalent of 69 k thb in UK as well.

All the info and pic is in the ad I posted at the same time of posting this thread. Just checked, and for some reson it's still pending approval.

Anyway, it's 2 years old, red, has ABS, 26,000km on the clock and no accidents...one previous owner for it's first year of life, another discerning farang who serviced it regularly, as I have...it's sound!

The bike and I are in BuriramCBR 250cc.rar

i am sure you can sell it fast for that price.

69 k thb is great price for a modern and reliable cbr250r!

best bang for the buck i can say in Thailand now for a do it all bike.

Instead of getting sh.tty Chinese bike, why not getting a used cbr250r for the same price?

All the info and pic is in the ad I posted at the same time of posting this thread. Just checked, and for some reson it's still pending approval.

Anyway, it's 2 years old, red, has ABS, 26,000km on the clock and no accidents...one previous owner for it's first year of life, another discerning farang who serviced it regularly, as I have...it's sound!

The bike and I are in Buriram CBR 250cc.rar

I agree. Sell it. Can't open the photo but sounds nice. Moving to Buriram in about 5 years. Why are you leaving?

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you all realize that this is just a motorcycle for sale ad that was cleverly placed as a forum topic?

I really did post the thread in good faith, not just to enhance the ad. Sent out a few enquiries to shipping companies so am just letting this forum know that it really isn't worth the hassle.

Here's the details of one quote from Anthom Sevices: Bangkok to any UK port.....

24,000 bhat, incl. packing and export docs.

Asked about costs on arrival in Blighty and was informed: All import charges incl. duties, taxes, license plate transfer and all other administrative formalities.....best if I enquire In UK! (as if they couldn't give me an idea without frightening me off, I guess).

Having googled this issue the general consensus is that I can double that 24,000 bhat figure, at least...and be running around dealling with all that bureaucracy to boot.

Bottom line, anyone thinking of shipping a bike from Thailand to UK......don't....well not in a smallish price bracket like mine....A Harley would be different obviously

Anyway, dropping my asking price to 65,000 now...the ad's live now right there in classifieds...which is nice....smile.png