Interesting Hotel between BKK City and Airport, not Noisy?

henrik2000

Hello, I stay in Bangkok downtown now and will fly out through Suvannaphum Airport next Monday at 2 p.m. I want to spend the last night from Sunday to Monday in a hotel closer to the airport for around 800 - 2000 THB.

Online there are 100s of seemingly decent hotels in my price bracket. However I have some (unreasonable?) interests and from endless reviews can't make up my mind. Wishes are:
- not at all affected by Shutdown (as far as foreseeable)
- 800 - 2000THB, breakfast can be optional add-on
- no big noise from airplanes, busy guests or street (distant airplane noise is ok)
- reliable booking so that I can also trust my booked room will be available on a 3 a.m. check-in (prepay by credit card or Paypal is ok)
- maybe interesting Thai-style area for a walk-around early morning (no need 7-11s or malls, but local neighbourhood or klongs)
- ok to find for taxi driver at night, as I will go there from downtown late at night (best printable online map; I do have Google Maps GPS in the phone, but found this difficult to communicate to taxistas and they often trust their own wrong instincts more; I speak basic Thai; madly searching taxistas drive me crazy lit.)
- breakfast room with daylight
- decent massage perhaps
- welcoming hasslefree place for my last hours in a welcoming country

I don't need the very closest location to airport. That would be too noisy too. 20 minutes taxi to airport (from the downtown side) is ok. I don't need free transport to airport, if a regular taxi is easily available.

Thanks!

A little bit further than the Nasa Vegas but a lot more interesting is the IM Fushion at On-Nut and probably not that much further in a taxi to Swampy airport.

It's called Imm Fusion and is 2 blocks from the On Nut BTS and the big Tesco Lotus at On Nut. The public areas of that hotel are quite exotically designed (like Moroccan style) but the rooms are disappointing and small. There was a free breakfast buffet (may not be free any more) but it was only continental pastries and fruit. The swimming pool is so small it's a joke, and the hotel is infested with mosquitos. Proximity to BTS is the only real advantage.

Edited by FalangBaa