Filipinos in Thailand cautioned vs wearing red, yellow

webfact

Tatsujin, on 10 Jan 2014 - 11:00, said:

Avoid black also (especially with the words "Police" written on it) . . . and also DPM/camo green . . . I think "white" is still safe at the moment . . .

White is the colour of purity warn usually by virgins............not a good advice to themwhistling.gif

What are Man United , Arsenal and Liverpool fans to do - wear their away strips most probably. Went clothes shopping with the missus in Platinum Mall yesterday (yawn) and it was striking how little red stuff there was for what is often women's favourite colour. A shame because this is what we are missing (not in Red areas of course!).

16884965-pretty-thai-woman-in-red-dress-

Who is that old bird?

Its not little YL is it?biggrin.png

Edited by lostmebike

The problem the international community have is that the Reds are the reds and have always been Red. The shadowy forces who control the anti-red factions have usurped almost every other colour: yellow, white, green, black, rainbow, you name it. What colour should your average neutral foreigner wear?

ORANGE OBVIOUSLY !!!

Does this confirm the theory that political unrest was really started by T-shirt manufacturers?

The paralysis of Bangkok was started by emergency lighting manufacturers, by the appearance of hundreds of units at MRT stations, condominiums etc......

Great marketing ploy!!!

The problem the international community have is that the Reds are the reds and have always been Red. The shadowy forces who control the anti-red factions have usurped almost every other colour: yellow, white, green, black, rainbow, you name it. What colour should your average neutral foreigner wear?

And you can't go shirtless either, as that is against the law in Thailand.

"Tourists should wear shirts,'' Governer Matree Intuset said. ''Away from the beach, it's impolite to go without your top covered up. Besides, it's actually against the law and police can arrest and fine transgressors.''

-An online news source

"It is both inappropriate and illegal to [not wear a shirt in public] in Thailand. Consider yourself lucky you were not hit with a 500-baht fine.

-Lt Col Jumroon Plaiduang, Deputy Superintendent, Chalong Police.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/issuesanswers/details.asp?id=1440

How about wearing a clown outfit? Polkadots, fright wig and makeup - that should indicate that you belong to no party (unless that favorite of British politics, the "Monster Raving Looney Party" has taken root in Bangkok).

Had this comment from SIL today. Put on a red polo shirt before heading into town. "Oh, a red shirt?!"

I'd never thought about it before. I'd guess I'd assumed I'd be seen as just another farang wearing a shirt that is red, not a farang red shirt.

But with the increase in foreigners bizarrely getting involved in this political nonsense in this country, I guess it's best to leave the thing in the wardrobe.

pink can look nice,especially if you are a cricket commentator.

N

I'm following the sartorial example of your average Pattaya expat ang will be flitting between a Chang wife beater or a " Sex Instructor- First Lesson Free" t-shirt.

I'm with you,extensive range of beer and red bull singlets fashion wear.Still looking for that elusive. Archa singlet to complete my collection.

And you can't go shirtless either, as that is against the law in Thailand.

"Tourists should wear shirts,'' Governer Matree Intuset said. ''Away from the beach, it's impolite to go without your top covered up. Besides, it's actually against the law and police can arrest and fine transgressors.''

-An online news source

"It is both inappropriate and illegal to [not wear a shirt in public] in Thailand. Consider yourself lucky you were not hit with a 500-baht fine.

-Lt Col Jumroon Plaiduang, Deputy Superintendent, Chalong Police.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/issuesanswers/details.asp?id=1440

Another bs law,treated with contempt by every man in my village,self included.

This isn't a caution for everyone?

I'm a political atheist as far a Thai politics go, and I own red and yellow shirts -- I just like the color. But I'm prudent regarding what I wear in public. I tend not to wear either color, maybe with the exception of the days on which those colors are acceptable.