PCAD monk activist accused of insurrection

webfact

this is the guy who is going to lead the protests in the event that Suthep is arrested...

Then he will definitely have to resign from the monkhood.

Otherwise, how would the old ladies be able to hug the new leader, and he would also have difficulties accepting bank notes from female donors.

I could stand in for him to take money from the chicks.

But he IS one sided. Just look up his other posts. Interesting the Monk had a significant Thai face but both people filing complaint really look Chinese don't they?! The “Seng Sae Ku” (เส็ง แซ่คู) ooops w00t.gif Shinawatra clan are also Chinese.... Besides that I think monks should not interfere in politics but should be creating awareness in social issues. A bit hard to separate sometimes...

Not sure which photo you are looking at, but I see one Chinese face.......not two.

I know the Chinese control many things in Thailand, but a monopoly on representing the Sangha??? unlikely

I can see where he might be shunned by some, but limiting his right to express himself based on his religion is the lowest of low. Monks and other members of various religions have a rich history of both speaking and acting 'out'. I might not agree with what he says or does, but elevating this to a legal matter of state???

A very slippery slope, indeed.

• Like 1

Totally agree.

A monk should not join violent protests and commit criminal acts.

He should be an example of peacefulness and join the candle lighting groups supporting democracy, rather than lead Suthep's yellow thugs to commit crimes.

He should be defrocked as soon as possible since he cannot act as such in Buddhism.

Let him think about it in prison!

Sent from my iPhone...

• Like 1

this is the guy who is going to lead the protests in the event that Suthep is arrested...

Marx or Shakespeare said when history repeats itself it is a tragedy and then repeats itself again , it becomes a farce or something like that.

hell yeah! best news i heard for some time.

there is no place for politics in Buddhism but he used Buddhism for cheap political gain. what an idiot.

Don't be a one sided ass.

The red shirts have monks also on their side.

Wearing monk outfits at rallies?

Yep.

1385805136-red-shirts-at-rajamangala-sta

I think the PDRC guy stands out more though because he's actually a leader, not just a protest supporter.

what a disgrace - on EITHER side

monks ain't what they used to be

should be thrown out of the monkhood

In the interests of balance, yes, of course the UDD had monks amongst their supporters. Here is the "evidence"

monks-thai.jpg

PHO-10Apr30-225331.jpg

All those pictures show are monks abused by the army! proves nothing, though I'm sure there were monks in the protest, those pics mean nothing.

Standard reply from Suthep boiler room gang. The Reds broke the law so we can also.

It is a two way street although generally I hear the reds invoking the "they did it before" line more often. Regardless, the monks are citizens, surely have the right to vote & therefore entitled to a political opinion like any other citizen. Also lest we forget the monks in Burma who stood up to totalitarian rule & were gunned down for it.

I have to agree. At least he isn't setting himself on fire, like they did in Vietnam inder the Ngo Dinh Diem regime (installed by the U.S.). And I don't think this is as bad as Phra Kittvutthi announcing that it was no sin to kill a communist -- wasn't that just before the coup of October 1976?