State of Emergency in Bangkok: Public gatherings banned

webfact

Banning meetings of more than 5 people. Stopping popular demonstrations, which from the protesters' side have been peaceful, unlike the Taksin demos- is pure Taksin.

It is going to have the opposite effect. More and more people will protest.

Or is this Taksin's ploy to stop the rice farmers' protest at having been robbed?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how Yingluck has released her lapdog Chalerm to enforce this. He is blood-thirsty and equally as nuts as Suthep. She must be desperate now.

I suspect Chalerm was chosen exactly for that reason, Suthep would know hes not the only one prepared to use the SOE as he did in 2010... however, and i hope this bit to be true..... Chalerm is i think on a short leash and unlike the Suthep and Abhisit relationship where Suthep is and was in 2010 clearly dominant Chalerm is not .... i hope ,,, and i really do mean hope that Chalerm is kept on that leash for everyones sake.

One of the differences between now and 2010 was the grenades going off regularly. In 2010, they were going off regularly at sites opposed by the protesters. Now they're going off a sites of the protesters.

Public gatherings are banned yet Chalerm says no attempts will be made to disperse protesters ?

The focus will be on arresting protest leaders but has he not noticed they tend to be surrounded by lots of followers who I suppose will simply part like the Red Sea and allow arrests to take place.

The government may have decided not to provoke a reaction by a Softly Softly approach but if they want that to work they have appointed to wrong man to run policing the emergency decree because if anyone can start a civil war ... !

Suthep sleeps in a local Bangkok hotel. I am sure the government is well aware of this and at this time does not want to incite further violence from the crowd from his arrest. When the time is right a quick arrest will be fairly easy.

Just make sure he's not on a low floor with a rope handy.

Well been out all evening with about 40 all told all Thai apart from me gathering here and gathering there, not a problem. Had a good time even chatted to a couple of police at one point, no a word about dispersing. Did stay clear of the mob sites though... restrictions are not being enforced just yet.

Its not going to work, just like every other way Taksin and his party have tried to get their way. Government are accountable to the people and the people are not stupid.

Are the people speaking? Or just a few thousand or so in Bangkok? The people denotes the majority....

Geez, these moronic references to the majority, the majority, the majority... Listen genius, the "majority" did NOT elect Thaksin to run their government. And the "people" DO know that, even if you don't. Thaksin didn't even run. He was off hiding outside the country from a jail sentence. When PTP made him de facto dictator, they delegitimized themselves. Get it?

"A few thousand". ROFL

"Public gatherings baned"
"there would be no operation to disperse the street demonstrations"

I'm actually getting crazy pill fatigue.
It's just relentless.
Like it was novel and interesting for a while. but now it's just like cartoons on acid type weird.

I can't seem to relate to these people or understand their motives at all.