Ride Sharing / Visa runs with other people

wump

Not to mention the fact that a group of westerners going in on a rental car together is not just more enjoyable and comfortable but MUCH safer than trusting the visa-run company and their whacko drivers.

You are right as I thought you would be against the negative posts.

I was one of 2 passengers in a hire car to the border and back yesterday.

The OP drove, best driver I have encountered in Thailand.

No problems, an interesting day, met a couple of nice people ( the OP plus other passenger)

I`ve done the minibus runs before, never again, have hired a taxi, which was better than the lunatic minibus drivers.

This ride sharing idea made for the best option, had a few laughs, learned a bit.

smile.png

• 8 months later...

This topic is still not archived so I can push it smile.png. The petrol being dirt cheap at the moment (I think it's 27 Baht per litre as opposed to 38 Baht when I started this topic) makes ride sharing even more economical right now.

I am going again this week, between Wednesday and Friday. If anyone should want to come along just send me a PM. You'd only pay the real cost which will be around 1100/700 Baht (1 person/2 persons from here) plus Cambo visa (it is 10$ more now I think). Last time we went was pretty smooth so I hope I can find someone within this short time frame. I would prefer to leave around 1pm.

Edited by wump

Would most people get into a car with 3 other complete strangers and just hope everything will be fine and you 'll end up whete you think you will ? I doubt it, I certainly wouldnt.

Well, isn't that very similar to what a mini van visa run is? All a bunch of strangers, some probably or possibly on unusual visas, and who knows what is in their pockets.

• Like 1