The thugs did it again

hkt83100

Not enough are best friends with their Tuk-Tuks are blocking all parking lots in front of the Simplitel in Karon, since last night they also took over the opposite side of the road. They don't mind to block the access to a barber shop and a small clothes store, why should they care about it? Sometimes I really would like to drive a tank up and down Patak Road in Karon.

[rant over, I feel better now (I hope)]

(Edited to add picture)

post-693-0-90275700-1390845057_thumb.jpg

Edited by hkt83100
  • Like 1

It's lawless down there. Probably the worst bunch on all the island when it comes to being aggressive.

I couldn't even stop at the family mart for even a minute to grab some milk as my bike was annoying them for the brief 3 minutes it would have taken to go in and out.

• Like 1

Pretty soon, there will be that many tuk-tuks along the coast that they will surround the business areas, forcing people to park far away, and then you will have to get a tuk-tuk to the shop you want to go to, and then back to your car or motorbike. cheesy.gif

Sounds like you may have uncovered the Mafia Tuk Tuk plan .... Island to Ransom !!

Pretty soon, there will be that many tuk-tuks along the coast that they will surround the business areas, forcing people to park far away, and then you will have to get a tuk-tuk to the shop you want to go to, and then back to your car or motorbike. cheesy.gif

Sounds like you may have uncovered the Mafia Tuk Tuk plan .... Island to Ransom !!

Sadly, they've been holding Phuket to ransom for years.

After being told to move my legally parked bike to an illegal space by the tuk tuk scum in front of the new Subway near Karon Circle, I rode down Karon beach and counted about 70 spaces. 52 were either marked "Tuk Tuk Taxi" or had a tuk tuk or taxi parked in them. The only area which had any parking available was the 100 or so meters of undeveloped property just north of the tsunami warning tower. You could't park 100m in either direction of any business, as they were choc-a-bloc with tuk tuks and taxi's, and just across the street every few hundred meters was a tuk tuk sala laden with empty Songserm and Chang bottles and smelling strongly of urine.

I gave up using restaurants in Karon main street years ago due to parking problems. Used to enjoy eating at Karon Cafe but not been back for years.

If I'm going for a ride along the coast, I don't even stop for a cool drink in Karon. I just ride through. I don't want to park anywhere near them. I don't want any interaction with them. It's that bad.

Edited by NamKangMan

I haven't been to red onion is years. The sidewalks are littered with unwashed nose picking locals.

and its now Moscow sur mer

It must be funny to see their faces these days when a coach bus rolls up to the hotel/resort and takes about 50 potential customers away.

Ahhh, the times are changing on Phuket. cheesy.gif

• Like 1