Tourist snubs and investor jitters as Thai rallies bite

webfact

Just saw this list from large US news network of vacations spots with go or do not go recommendations.

Mexico, Brazil and St. Petersburg Russia made the "to go" list.

Only Thailand and Egypt made the don't go list. I think I would feel much safer in Thailand than either Mexico or Brazil at the present time.

-------------

http://www.today.com/travel/go-or-not-go-countries-enjoy-or-avoid-year-2D12005122

Having said that, I'm pretty sure Thailand is safer than St. Petersburg too! Oddly enough (or perhaps not oddly, not sure if others would agree with me) even in these protest times I feel that Bangkok is a much safer city to live in than Pattaya or Patong Beach. Both of the latter have a very large low-life thug element, whereas the parts of Bangkok I hang out in are full of well-groomed middle-class Thais who couldn't be more non-threatening. Pattaya and Patong are both massive black holes that are attractors of riffraff both foreign and domestic. Bangkok, EVEN NOW, seems one of the safest cities I have ever lived in. The only two I can think of that seem even safer (to the point of being too boring) are Hong Kong and Singapore. Who agrees?